INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem using JRemote in Ipad to stream audio files to Mojo  (Read 2162 times)

wchan

Problem using JRemote in Ipad to stream audio files to Mojo
« on: October 27, 2017, 11:23:20 pm »

I have JRemote set up in my IPad Air to control MC22 in my iMac. It works fine with my audio set up, but I also want to listen to music from my NAS through my headphone when I am elsewhere in the house, so I bought an Apple usb 3 camera kit and a Chord Mojo. When I hooked up them up to my Ipad and chose "This device" (my Ipad) on JRemote, the music was played through the Ipad's speaker or headphone jack, but I cannot get it through the connected external dac (the mojo). I was under the impression that whenever I connect the Apple usb 3 camera adaptor, Ipad would default to digital out and transmit the audio file to the external dac for conversion, but that's not happening. How can I fix this?

MikeO

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem using JRemote in Ipad to stream audio files to Mojo
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 09:46:34 am »

I do the same thing with an AudioQuest Dragonfly Red with no problem

First check does music play thro iPad speakers, if so move on ...

Second check does the Mojo obey Apples rules on power drain  it’s 100 mA max as far as I know

I know it’s only the most recent dacs are low enough. You will probably get an error

Mike

MikeO

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 09:49:52 am »

Just checked mojo handbook looks like it needs 1 amp to charge

Your iPad won’t like that , or allow ...

Mike

wchan

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 09:59:42 am »

(1) The music did play through Ipad's speaker...
(2) The Mojo is battery operated. I had it fully charged before connecting it to the apple usb 3 adaptor. The Mojo has different micro usb jacks for charging and data transmission. Only the latter was connected when I tried to play music.
(3) When I connected the original Audioquest Dragonfly to the usb 3 adaptor, I got a message that the Dragonfly requires too much power. I did not get that message when I connected the Mojo, so apparently power drain is not a problem.

wchan

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 10:07:06 am »

Hi MikeO, just wondering, when you use your Ipad to drive your Dragonfly Red, what "audio device" did you choose in JRiver MC?

MikeO

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 11:30:12 am »

Hi

The original Dragonfly did take too much power . They improved power usage in the Red & the Black that they released about 2 yrs ago they now work fine with the iPad 58mA i think is the spec

My Audio set up is done via a Zone Switch based on Media Type , in "Audio" it switches to my Cambridge Audio CXN automatically. In Video to my Mede8er 800

When I use with phones I select "This Device" on the iPad before I start playback , I make no changes to config in Audio Options. The internal Player is set to play to my PC Soundcard but I don't thinks that affects JRemote. If I dont select This Device it plays automatically to the CXN as long as its switched on.

I am not sure if you can define an output device. JRemote communicates with the server via native server config , I believe regardless of the device.

Have you tried an Android device maybe for elimination.

Mike

wchan

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 11:27:11 pm »

I don't have JRemote for Android. Still can't get the Mojo to work with the Ipad...

MikeO

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 10:40:58 am »

Sorry run out ideas. I still wonder if the iPad is trying to charge the mojo and failing

It gave an error telling me when I exceeded the power draw however so....

Maybe the Chord Forum or Computer Audiofile, headfi may have some ideas

Mike

AndyU

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 03:12:06 am »

There’s a very good dedicated mojo thread on head-fi. The boss of Chord, John Franks, posts there regularly and will often answer a query directly, if not him his Technical director Matt will.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-mojo-dac-amp-☆★►faq-in-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/

Pages: [1]   Go Up