INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping DTS DVDs  (Read 1470 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
Ripping DTS DVDs
« on: October 29, 2017, 11:26:59 am »

After researching how to rip DTS DVDs, many of the methods being too complex to consider practical, I stumbled upon a very easy method that raises questions.

One method used EAC to convert to WAV, and then to use DTSparser to convert to DTS. This method didn’t work for me...resulting in DTS files that played garbled, but recognizable audio. MC22 reported these as 1411kbps with only 2 channels. Then I tried simply renaming the WAV files to '*.dts', and MC reported these to have 6 channels... and played beautifully.

What is mysterious is that this method doesn’t work if I first rip the same files to WAV using MC(?). I cannot find what makes EAC special in this regard...

Comments?

Edit: I should also add... MC did recognize the DVD in the drive, but when asked to play it the result was only noise...
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

RD James

Re: Ripping DTS DVDs
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »

What exactly are you trying to rip here, that an audio CD ripping tool like EAC would be involved?
If you're ripping a DVD, MakeMKV is the easiest solution.
If you're wanting to only rip the audio track, I would rip with MakeMKV and then use MKVToolNix GUI to convert that to an MKA file, stripping out the other tracks.

shAf

Re: Ripping DTS DVDs
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 09:01:54 pm »

What exactly are you trying to rip here, ...?

I’m ripping DTS 5.1 channel audio disks...
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up