INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to clear conversion cache and remove stacks which it has made?  (Read 2163 times)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Subject pretty much sums it up.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: How to clear conversion cache and remove stacks which it has made?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 01:37:40 pm »

just a thought...maybe choose none for the cache then reboot MC...can't hurt till a guru chimes in.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 03:06:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure that you can just go to the cache folder using Explorer and delete the files it contains. MC's auto-import will then take care of the library clean up.

This post from way back may also be useful to you...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,47296.msg324315.html#msg324315

If you want to turn the conversion cache off, you have to set it to "None" in MC's options. Off the top of my head I'm not sure where the options, but if you put cache in the search field at the bottom of Options, it should bring it to you.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 03:19:56 pm »

Set to None already and tried the restart trick  ;) Thought that I had already disabled it but apparently not.

Also tried to delete couple of files from cache folder in explorer but those didn't get removed automatically from library.. Hence asked from here  ;D

Oh, I don't use auto-import.

Anyway what I did then was that I expanded stack for all the audio files (and then perhaps did unstack) and made search filter to show only files that reside in the conversion cache folder and deleted them from MC.

Clear Conversion Cache command (same place where cache is set) would be nice though....

Thanks for the suggestions anyway guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up