INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extending View Scheme Properties: Ideas  (Read 1064 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Extending View Scheme Properties: Ideas
« on: June 24, 2003, 02:46:53 pm »

Kambriel mentioned starting a separate thread for ideas to extend the view schemes.  Here are a few to start us off.

Panes/Tree/Both - Some schemes are always going to work better in the tree eg location as this is hierachical information, some will always be crap in a tree eg People/Places/Events.  An option in view schemes to decide would give every body the flexibility of both on a choice basis.

Reset to the right - For some view schemes it is essential that the columns to the right are reset especially when the third column is not directly relevant to the second.  In a scheme like Series/Series #/Episode #, the episodes for series 1 are irrelevant to series 2 as they may differ in the number of episodes so the column should reset.  this was added 3 or 4 builds back and has now dissapeared without any mention of its passing in the bug threads.  Please bring it back on a per scheme basis.

View Scheme Groups - these are better for HS where it is difficult to see what type of scheme a group belongs to.  Also useful to remove less often used view schemes from the main groups...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Extending View Scheme Properties: Ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2003, 03:06:48 pm »

A view scheme definition should also allow for the following items:

1) being able to define the fields to display in the property window and if ever implemented define our own grouping of fields in property window.

2) setting directory/file rules for media import. I may want to set other rules for image files and different types of music albums (compilations, complete albums, singles, soundtrack)

3) setting directory/file rules for "rename files from properties"

4) making the right-click menu totally dependent on media type or user configurable on a per view basis. I don't need the cover art menu with images.

5) configure what to display on the display window

6) maybe defininig positions of certain windows

7)  maybe some playback options

8 ) maybe binding a view scheme to a certain zone

9) using view schemes also for tv and radio channels. This would give MC9 consistent views for all media types.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2003, 03:27:13 pm »

Everything NoCodeUK and Jaguu suggested...

plus

setting prefered list style vor every view scheme
(I still hope there will be more than two list styles in the future...)

nila

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2003, 11:39:20 pm »

Biggest for me are:

• View Scheme Groups - THESE ARE NEEDED
  • Ability to set: Panes/Tree/Both per view scheme
  • Ability to create custom groups for properties pane
  • Ability to customise what is showing on the properties pane for each view (a button to toggle: Customised/Everything for the properties window would be GREAT so we could customise the properties window but easily get back access to ALL fields at the click of one button).
  • 'Rename from properties'  'fill properties from filename' - these work great but the 'memory' of which templates to use should be dependant on the media type - I use : Artist - Album - Track # - Name for most my songs but def. dont use this for my pictures

They're the biggest ones!

Kambriel

• Junior Woodchuck
  • That's all I have to say about that...
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 08:15:11 am »

How bout an option to show both hard drive library and removeable library in the same list, or not, per view? I wish this were an easily available toggle in any case.
This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Pages: [1]   Go Up