INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play to Zones... Is it just me or a bug?  (Read 1215 times)

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Can't play to Zones... Is it just me or a bug?
« on: November 18, 2017, 07:55:00 pm »

This seems buggy - reproducible, and only with MC23; MC22 doesn't give me this problem.

I have two PCs and one Mac running MC; one of the PCs is headless and usually used as a zone (renderer) that I play things through from my Macbook. 

Since upgrading to MC23 a couple days ago, I haven't been able to send to the zone set up on my PC. 

It gets a little more complicated though... I CAN send to the zone but ONLY if I send -> Play (with Play Doctor).  Other send to methods end up playing the track locally.  It's totally bizarre. 

Once playing some music (through the Play Doctor workaround) I can pause, skip, etc on the remote zone. 

Using MC22 I don't see this odd behaviour, everything works as it should in that regard. 

Any ideas?  Can anyone reproduce or does streaming to a PC zone work from your Mac running MC23?

Thanks in advance!

petekowalsky

• Recent member
Re: Can't play to Zones... Is it just me or a bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:31:37 pm »

I have this exact behavior on MC23 on my Mac as well. MacOS 10.13.2 High Sierra. MC22 works like a champ for playing to DLNA zones. I'd like to use MC23 solely, but I have the exact issues you describe. I uninstalled and re-installed every release of MC23 I could find and download, and none of them work correctly like MC22 in this regard, and some of them have other issues. MC23 works awesome except for this DLNA zone problem for me. I don't think it's your setup - I believe these must be bugs. CORRECTION: SEE NEXT POST! SORRY!!!

JRiver MC Team: How do we report this, and track any new test builds?

Thank you,
Pete

petekowalsky

• Recent member
Re: Can't play to Zones... Is it just me or a bug?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 02:23:11 pm »

@Peter_T: I figured out my issue. I'm an idiot and missed the Advanced setting to enable the DLNA Server in MC23 (this seems like it didn't carry over from MC22 backup and restore on MC23). I was going side-by-side with MC22 (which always worked fine for me too) and noticed this change. Even though I'm using MC23 as a Controller, the media is local, and thus the Server needs to be enabled too. Gosh I'm feeling  :-[ embarrassed! Testing things out now, but everything is working consistently so far on MC23 with this change (CHECK the DLNA Server checkbox - DERP).

Pages: [1]   Go Up