INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Move playlists when server changed from Win10 to Id  (Read 847 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
Move playlists when server changed from Win10 to Id
« on: November 24, 2017, 02:08:31 pm »

Hi.

Just got my Id up and running, but didn't do it the way the instructions indicate. I could not add a network share (tried, tried, tried, but no dice). Nonetheless, since my NAS full of music (only - this is for audio purposes) could be easily seen when attaching the Id to my network (using the GUI interface), I simply created a new library on the Id. It's running fine, and I'm still unfamiliar with zones, and lots of other things, I'm trying to figure out how great this could be.

Of highest importance to me is moving my carefully manicured Playlists to the Id. I don't know quite how to do that. I'm using my Win10 desktop for most client-based tasks, but I don't know how to move Playlists. I made a backup before I switched servers to the Id, and I know how to manipulate playlists (using a text editor), but how can I move to the Id?

In my head, I would re-attach a "head" to the Id, move my playlists from their backed-up location to an SD card or USB drive and then move from that portable media to some local location on the Id? Then - after getting out of GUI mode and rebooting the Id in place, it would pick up the location of the Playlists, and all FUTURE playlists would live in peace and harmony on the Id hard drive. Is that how it works?
Pages: [1]   Go Up