INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with playback  (Read 1899 times)

Mustang1993

Help with playback
« on: November 26, 2017, 11:52:56 pm »

I recently upgraded my computer system and when I run a playlist of my songs the music pauses or skips towards the end of some tracks.  I've tried various settings but it still happens occasionally.  Is my system slow when loading from the drive into memory ?  What hardware or settings do I need to stop it from happening ?  It's been doing this for as long as I can remember but I had hoped my latest upgrade would have made it go away.  JRiver is on my main C drive while the audio files are on my D drive.  Music Goes via HDMI cable from my video card to my Yamaha RX-V577 receiver.  It also skipped when using SPDIF on my motherboard to that receiver as well.

Here is my current setup.

Asus Prime Z270-AR
Intel Core i7-7700k
16 GBytes G.Skill TridentZ RGB
ASUS GTX680 Direct CU II
Main Drive Samsung 850 EVO 500 GByte
Second Drive Seagate BarraCuda 7200.12 500 GByte

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help with playback
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 01:56:39 am »

What version of MC are you using?

Mustang1993

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 11:20:56 pm »

I started with MC18 and then went to MC22.  Asking version information is a typical response for support issues but in this case it makes me wonder if JRiver MC was ever able to work smoothly on transitions between tracks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 02:07:24 am »

We need the full version in order to say much.  An older version like MC22 is distant memory.  Sorry.

The way to find the problem is to try different things in order to see if the problem persists or not.  All FLAC files, for example, or all files from drive C:, and so on.

Antivirus software can always cause such problems.  Uninstall it to test.
Pages: [1]   Go Up