INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume control magically changes  (Read 1990 times)

Gwilson

• Junior Woodchuck
Volume control magically changes
« on: November 28, 2017, 11:34:01 am »

You have addressed this before by saying set the volume to max and forget it.  I am using an external renderer and audio system which I easily select at the start of any session of JRiver.  I always use an external volume control and want JRiver's volume disabled.  But this option disappears (from when I right click on the volume emblem) when I select my outside system.  Why cannot this also maintain the disable feature here - almost no one using an external renderer wants to use JRiver to control volume (I should think)?  Although I set the volume at max on the JRiver slider and forget it, sometimes it starts at min volume - slider all the way to left - for no reason I can see.  When this happens I go nuts checking all the wiring, DAC settings etc and, like this morning, after about 15 minutes I discover the volume slider is all the way to the left.  Again, why is the disable volume feature not available in the mode where most people want it disabled?

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Volume control magicly (Magically?) changes
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 11:38:20 am »

have you tried any of this....if so maybe there is something wrong

take a peek here....tip....look under volume

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Category:Frequently_Asked_Questions
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Gwilson

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Volume control magically changes
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 01:23:00 pm »

Under "disable volume" it refers me to the drop-down menu I get when I right click on the volume symbol in the upper left hand corner.  I have tried that.  As I said initially that option disappears when I am using my external playback system.  The last entry I get is "Enable volume when bitstreaming".  Is there another way to disable volume?

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 05:00:49 pm »

Under "disable volume" it refers me to the drop-down menu I get when I right click on the volume symbol in the upper left hand corner.  I have tried that.  As I said initially that option disappears when I am using my external playback system.  The last entry I get is "Enable volume when bitstreaming".  Is there another way to disable volume?

I think that lasts only for this session on playback....in other words if you close MC you start fresh....If I'm understanding what your looking for....

tools options audio> look for volume.....is this what your referring to?
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

RD James

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 09:33:04 pm »

In options > audio > volume, make sure that you do not have volume protection enabled, and have startup volume set to 100.

Gwilson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 10:36:32 pm »

Thanks, James...that should solve my problem.  You'd think I would have learned to check the volume slider first when there was no sound, but NOOOO - I have to check every wire, check out the DAC's programming, etc. and THEN after 15 frantic minutes see the slider volume set at 0.
Pages: [1]   Go Up