INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Merging Libraries?  (Read 2749 times)

engeee

• Recent member
Merging Libraries?
« on: November 29, 2017, 11:10:10 am »

I apologize in advance if this has been asked/answered elsewhere. I've looked and found similar but no "real" answer or "how to"...

Anyways, here's the deal. I have lots of music files (just shy of 1 million - yes some are duplicates that need to go!) and they are all added into one library with various playlists, etc. The actual music files are kept on various drives (partitions) of my server. I have now created an area (separate server) that can house all of it in one area with room to grow and would like to migrate it all to the single area without having to reimport everything.

Is it possible to have the software take everything from my audio library and move or copy it across my network to the new location?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
engeee

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
Re: Merging Libraries?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 03:00:45 pm »

Is it possible to have the software take everything from my audio library and move or copy it across my network to the new location?
Select Files, then Tools > Library Tools > Rename, Move or Copy. 

engeee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 07:12:59 pm »

Jim,
Before I attempt this is there anything I should know? As far as will one choice keep them linked or will I need to reimport them, etc? I’m guessing that “Move” is probably the way to go, but I’d rather ask than regret it.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 01:56:40 am »

Try a few files.  It's a complicated tool.  Hover over the file list to see the changes before you say ok.

engeee

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 04:04:17 pm »

Wow...no kidding. It's not real intuitive at all. I can get a few files to go where they are supposed to but none of the naming, folders or hierarchy follow. I just get numbered files/tracks in the new location. Argh...

I'll continue trying but appreciate any insight.

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up