INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver 22 (for Mac) + soTM sMS-200 = (now) can't stop the sound  (Read 2681 times)

dburna

• Recent member
JRiver 22 (for Mac) + soTM sMS-200 = (now) can't stop the sound
« on: November 30, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »

I am using MC 22 for Mac and trying to stream to an sMS-200 as a DLNA Renderer.  When I do, I have 2 major issues:

1. I get no sound out (big issue   ::)). 
2. Each tune 'plays' about 5-10 seconds of silence and then moves on to the next tune.  It doesn't 'play' through the entire tune.

I think I'm either having a sync problem or a DLNA config problem but I have had no luck finding a solution.

Any ideas, anyone? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Regards,  -dB

dburna

• Recent member
Re: JRiver 22 (for Mac) + soTM sMS-200 = (now) can't stop the sound
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 08:31:29 pm »

Small update: I now have sound.  I have no idea why -- didn't try anything different, it just started working out-of-the-blue.  Now I have a different issue: I stop playback, even shut down the application, yet the music continues through my stereo.  Really weird.  I assume it's a latency issue, but I have no idea why it is doing this.  I know one of the things that confused the playback was having two versions of MC 22 up at the same time (on different computers). 

Still much to learn......

-dB

P.S. I am running MC22 remotely from my laptop on Mac Mini.  None of the playback buttons (play/pause/prev/next) seem to work, nor can I click on the renderer in MC22 to see what is going on.

dburna

• Recent member
Re: JRiver 22 (for Mac) + soTM sMS-200 = (now) can't stop the sound
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 07:02:15 am »

Well, the only thing I have found at this point is that MC22 does NOT respond well when playing via Mac Screen Share.  It has had some glitches in the past (difficulty with playing, some issues with glitchy control of the selection of files), but I believe that adding a third variable (playing via a DLNA renderer) is the straw that broke its back.  Now that I have been using my laptop to drive play -- sourcing files from the Mac Mini and playing them on a DLNA renderer -- performance seems a bit more stable now.  I guess I will stick with this configuration from now on.  That's all I can figure at this point.

-dB
Pages: [1]   Go Up