INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I get a refund?  (Read 3144 times)

bvotipka

How do I get a refund?
« on: December 03, 2017, 08:57:38 am »

I just purchased Media Center 23 for Windows, and it isn't meeting my needs for a number of reasons (performance, interface usability, etc.)  How do I get a refund?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How do I get a refund?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 09:56:35 am »

We offer a 30 day trial.  We don't offer refunds.

What are you having trouble with?

bvotipka

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 04:24:32 pm »

I'm having trouble (1) reaching a live person over the phone (as opposed to delays in processing questions), and (2) your product studders on my system (while other TV tuner card software does not).  My system more than meets the minimum system requirements, and it is your app (not other tv tuner apps) that has difficultly.  Other apps work fine.

I think I'm going to work with my credit card company and dispute the charges on your product.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:51:13 pm »

Well, so long as you've got a plan.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 01:05:45 am »

You've not provided enough information to help.  What is the tuner?  Did you investigate antivirus problems?

Windows Media Center can cause such problems but can be disabled in MC settings.

bvotipka

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 06:21:46 am »

Tuner is AverMedia AverTVHD Duet.  Antivirus is turned off.  Windows is up to date (windows 10).  Uninstalled and reinstalled JRiver multiple times.  The video does not stutter in any way using the AverMedia-supplied software.  Uninstalled and reinstalled AverMedia tuner drivers multiple times, no change.  This is a dedicated Windows 10 media system and has no other unnecessary software installed.

Given that (1) the Avermedia driver and media software work fine, and (2) JRiver is using the same video card as AverMedia but JRiver video stutters and AverMedia doesn't, that points (I believe) to this being a JRiver problem.

It simply isn't worth investigating any further, unless JRiver support has some magic bullets (monitoring or instrumentation that points to this NOT being a JRiver problem).

astromo

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2017, 06:58:11 am »

I'd suggest you head over to the TV board and explain your problem with some useful details.

Also, you could check this thread:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,52448.0.html
and collect some diagnostics. Post up what you collect and maybe you'll get some helpful replies.
MC31, Win10 x64, HD-Plex H5 Gen2 Case, HD-Plex 400W Hi-Fi DC-ATX / AC-DC PSU, Gigabyte Z370 ULTRA Gaming 2.0 MoBo, Intel Core i7 8700 CPU, 4x8GB GSkill DDR4 RAM, Schiit Modi Multibit DAC, Freya Pre, Nelson Pass Aleph J DIY Clone, Ascension Timberwolf 8893BSRTL Speakers, BJC 5T00UP cables, DVB-T Tuner HDHR5-4DT

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2017, 11:04:22 am »

Try setting video to Red October Standard.  It's possible your CPU can't handle Red October HQ.

ksanborn

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 04:38:20 pm »

I would also like a refund. I’ve been a user for a long time - going back to at least MC14 (I think). I’ve been using the JRemote app for years. Suddenly today it just stopped working. After spending all day trying to fix it, I finally upgraded from MC21 to MC24, which did nothing. I went through all of the posts on this issue (looks like I’m definitely not the only one). Then I uninstalled & reinstalled. Did nothing. Media center isn’t much use to me without the JRemote app functionality. So after an extremely frustrating, wasted day I would like to just give up, get my upgrade money back and buy something else.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 04:48:25 pm »

We don't refund for software purchases.  Please post details of the problem.

Turn on Media Network in MC and use the Access Key in JRemote to connect.

Make sure a firewall isn't blocking.  You could read the Network Access topic on our wiki.
Pages: [1]   Go Up