INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Identical Album Names  (Read 1331 times)

DavidMW

• World Citizen
Identical Album Names
« on: December 10, 2017, 10:12:23 am »

I recently ripped and imported Nina Simone's Anthology. When viewing under "Recently Added" or "Recently Played" on JRemote, I don't see Nina Simone's album but rather a Ray Charles album of the same name. I can only get access to Nina Simone by browsing either "Artist" or "Folder". When browsing under "Album" both Nina Simone and Ray Charles are intermixed with the Ray Charles cover art.

Any thoughts on how to segregate the two?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Identical Album Names
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 12:49:44 pm »

Change the Album Artist tag respectively.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

RD James

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 03:55:56 pm »

I would use an expression view and set it to group by: [Album Artist (auto)] [Album] and display: [Album]

PaulKavsek

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 05:32:11 pm »

Thank you for your post.
It is a bug in the software I know already for years and just got used to it.
I recently have imported an album with the simple name "Live".
It listed all albums with the same name ( I have a lot of albums of that name).

The "recently added" view just ignores the artist and gets completely confused.

I know that there are expert ways to solve that problem, but a freshly installed JRemote app has this bug already for years - believe me.
I gives me the impression that there are no really attempts to keep this software up to date.

I really like the app, to make that clear- but did I miss any really important changes/news in the last 3-4 years?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 10:10:18 pm »

I would think that is a result of the way Cover Art is managed in MC, the settings you are using for Audio Cover Art, and where you store you audio files in MC. JRemote is then just picking up the Cover Art from MC, which is probably also wrong.

So does the correct Cover Art show up in the "Recently Imported" or if you play a file from each Album, "Recently Played" Smartlists in MC?

What settings do you have in "Options > File Location > Cover Art"?
What directory structure do you use to store audio files? i.e. One sub-directory for all Audio files, or lots of Audio files from various Albums in one sub-directory? That would be defined in the  "Options > File Location > Audio (CD rips and Podcasts)" section, unless you change the location of rips.

For comparison, I have two Albums called simply "Anthology" and they have the correct Cover Art. If I play a song from each of them, the correct Cover Art is shown in the "Recently Played" Smartlist in MC.

Let us know those settings and we'll work it out.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up