INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How is the Remote screen on JRemote (iOS) SUPPOSED to work?  (Read 1902 times)

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
  • "I picked a helluva day to install MC!"
How is the Remote screen on JRemote (iOS) SUPPOSED to work?
« on: December 12, 2017, 06:43:26 pm »

I've just set up my Id recently, and am enjoying using my JRemote app (iOS 11) to play music.

But what is this screen meant to do? It doesn't seem to do anything. I should say that I have MC set up in Audio-only mode.

I would love to figure out how to control Volume, for instance, using JRemote. Or any other means on my phone.

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How is the Remote screen on JRemote (iOS) SUPPOSED to work?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 08:26:27 pm »

Tap the status bar at the bottom to control the volume. You don't need to use the remote section.

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 06:23:30 pm »

Thank you, I wasn't clear.

If I'm playing music on "Player" (i.e., the Id), and controlling the music using JRemote on my iPhone, how can I control the volume?

Blu99Zoomer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 12:51:53 pm »

Hi This2ShallPass,

This one got me thinking.  I know in this digital age with folks using DSP and all tweaking their room's sound controlling the volume within that digital realm is the easiest.  When I set up my MC so many years ago I can't remember how long, I believe I set it up using Chris' suggested set up over on Computer Audiophile.  With that, volume was set at max in JRiver, thus passed directly through JR without change for control by one's DAC or preamp.  The aim then was for bit perfect playback.  Not so in your case?

Best Regards,

Blu99Zoomer

This2ShallPass

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 03:44:36 pm »

Thanks Blu, but I have to say: You lost me. Here's an illustrative scene describing my pain.

If I use Pandora to play music on my iPhone, I can Google Chromecast that bad boy to my stereo, which will play it on 3 pairs of speakers on the first floor, blanketing the space with sound. I can change the volume using the volume buttons on my iPhone. Mission accomplished.

If I use JRemote to launch some music to play on the Id (as music server), I can also rock out to my jams on the first floor by indicating the Player zone. But... if I get a phone call, or my kids start talking to me, I gotta go find the remote for the stereo to turn it down. Sure, I can pause it using the JRemote controls on the screen, but I'd love to just use the volume buttons (up and down) on the side of my phone.

Possible?

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 05:38:47 am »

Thank you, I wasn't clear.

If I'm playing music on "Player" (i.e., the Id), and controlling the music using JRemote on my iPhone, how can I control the volume?
Pages: [1]   Go Up