INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make mass tag changes from import data  (Read 1412 times)

stubbo

• Recent member
How to make mass tag changes from import data
« on: December 13, 2017, 09:46:47 am »

I'm doing a massive clean-up of my library, ~7000 albums, and I want to verify them all against an external song DB (Discogs, freedb, MusicBrainz etc.) with a view to filling in a lot of missing information such as release dates or fixing any track, album or artist names.

I've done an export, and I'm fine writing the software that will do the lookups to those services to achieve what I want, but I can't seem to work out how to get the changes back in to my JRiver database without having to perform all updates manually.

I'll know the file names I want to change, I'll know the tags I want to change, but no obvious way of loading them and applying them.

I could presumably locate a tool that would do the direct TAG updates to the files if one exists (does anybody know of one that would do that from a script like I'm trying to), and then get JRiver to update it's library tags from the files themselves....but this all feels pretty hokey.

The look up info in YADB has never worked (as far as I can tell) so I am trying to piece this together myself.

Appreciate any advice, experience, or tools that can help make this a slicker process.

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to make mass tag changes from import data
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 04:31:25 pm »

assuming i get what you are trying to do, i would be looking here for a start.  at the very least you could populate a spreadsheet and stuff it in that way

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,106802.0.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up