INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove non-existent library from client view?  (Read 880 times)

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe
How to remove non-existent library from client view?
« on: December 18, 2017, 06:02:29 am »

I have struggled a bit lately to connect to my JRiver media server (MC23) using a MC23 client from my office workstation. Nothing to do with JRiver, its my employer becoming increasingly strict on internet traffic.

So, I have then tried different ways and at different times to connect to "HTPC" (local name on my server library), and now I have two "libraries" that actually are not libraries, but still remain in the library list on my MC23 client (see image). These two are empty, but I am not able to remove them. For one of them I even managed to delete the name....but not the list item itself.

Could someone please help? It doesn't hurt anything other than my OCD, but that's painful enough....

ferday

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to remove non-existent library from client view?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 07:21:38 am »

dumb question: have you tried File>Library Manager?

i recently deleted a client library and didn't have any issues, so not sure why yours isn't working...

Trumpetguy

Re: How to remove non-existent library from client view?
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 08:31:53 am »

Yes, and that's what leaves me at loss. The two libraries named "HTPC" and "" (no name string) lack the delete button. This is the same whether I access them from the Playing now list or the Library Manager (which essentially routes you to the same list).

One lead may be that when I added those two libraries MC was not able to connect to the server and gave a message that they would be established as local libraries. I have no idea why local libs should not be have the possibility to be deleted, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up