INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB DAC support for JRemote  (Read 1979 times)

JTrt

• Recent member
USB DAC support for JRemote
« on: December 20, 2017, 05:16:46 pm »

I have an enhancement request for JRemote. It would be great if it supported USB DACs like the Dragonfly so I could use it with my phone and an OTG cable. There's an Android player called USB Audio Player Pro that does this. Now that I'm streaming my MC library's FLAC files it makes a big difference. Thanks!

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

JTrt

• Recent member
Re: USB DAC support for JRemote
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 12:07:04 pm »

Thanks for the suggestion, I already have the OTG cable. It's not an Audioquest, but does the same thing. I've tried using the cable with the Dragonfly through JRemote and get no sound. If I understand it correctly, the application has to "override" the OS and bypass the onboard DAC. To my knowledge the USB Audio Player Pro is the only thing out there that does it.

Jon

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Re: USB DAC support for JRemote
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 06:59:55 pm »

This is a subject I know little about.....
For kicks I connected my Behringer UCA202 to my Asus 7" tablet running Android 7.0 and it worked out of the box.
From what I have read the DAC needs to have Android support, and it also depends on your particular device/manufacturer/Android version.
The newer Dragonfly Red and Black models support Android, but not 1.2 or earlier.

http://www.audioquest.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/dragonfly-spec-sheet-darktheme.pdf
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.
Pages: [1]   Go Up