INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: faulty playback  (Read 1365 times)

mparade

• Recent member
faulty playback
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:00:25 pm »

Hello there,

I have the following playback issue using the latest version of JRiver 64-bit and Red October HQ mode:

I have .iso files on my NAS. If I want to play one of those 2D HD res. videos I got the following failure-chain: launch a 2D .iso file, 10 sec of correct play, then getting a blank video on my 4K C6V TV with voice in the background from the movie, pushing ESC, I get now a still image from the video, at the same time "the video layer" is being played in a mini display window in the left-hand corner on top of the still image in JRiver. At this point, the only thing I can do is to force closing JRiver.
I have a very powerful machine, anyway including an i5 processor, 16GB of RAM and Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti card. I have reinstalled JRiver several times today as well.
Does Red October HQ have it's own madVR settings? It is not so clear for me because there is a "...Open madVR Settings (Advanced)" option in which I can set any of the madVR settings. If I change them manually, will I be able to affect the "Red October HQ" profile? If so, how is it possible to set back Red October HQ to it's default madVR settings?

Please help. I got stuck and nothing works.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: faulty playback
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 05:23:56 pm »

windows 10
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 12:38:13 am »

Sounds like this problem:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113719.0.html

If you're playing 4K, everything in the chain of devices must support the correct level of HDCP.   

It's probably not madVR.  You could try MC's video setting for Red October Standard.  It doesn't use madVR.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 07:51:54 am »

This is part of your answer. https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,113665.msg785809.html#msg785809

Have you been fiddling with the madVR settings, and that caused the problem?

Or are you actually trying to play 4K videos, hence the potential HDCP issues?
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

mparade

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 10:20:15 am »

Hello,

Thanks for the answers.

Red October Standard seems to be working, but I would like to use "my" madVR settings.
Yes, after "fiddling" madVR settings (according to a tutorial and which has been working previously in Kodi and in JRiver as well).
I am trying to play my collection including: SD, HD, 4K, 3D videos. Some of them are in mkv format, the others are in iso images.
I have experienced other effects in JRiver previously: permanent green flickering during video play. After I have switched my LG 4K TV to "Deep Color" HDMI input the green flickering
went away. Afterwards, I made my own profiles, settings in madVR. Then JRiver "crashes and needs to be closed" right after I start playing any of the videos (regardless of SD, HD, 4K, 3D), however, they should be rendered a bit differently using my own profiles. 

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 05:19:20 pm »

Frustrating isn't it.

Even now, as we get into 4K media the issues start to show up. 4K is still near the bleeding edge of hardware and software capabilities unless you have all brand new hardware and the very latest, potentially buggy, software. Which is why JRiver doesn't implement that latest madVR or LAV as soon as they come out, aiming for stability rather than the very latest.

The green flickering was probably due to 10bit HDR being sent to the LG TV. It does come up occasionally though, and I had it for a while with some media. I was just trying to push madVR too hard for my equipment.

If you make changes to madVR through the MC "...Open madVR Settings (Advanced)" menu you are changing the settings that ROHQ uses, so yes, you are affecting the "Red October HQ" profile.

I think you need to reset madVR to the defaults that JRiver provides, test it all works, and then start tuning madVR again. There was a madVR version change not so long ago and there have been a few threads indicating that custom settings which were okay on the previous version may not be okay with the current version.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up