INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Drag and Drop not working  (Read 3924 times)

aung

• Recent member
Drag and Drop not working
« on: January 03, 2018, 06:33:13 pm »

HI,
I have installed the latest Linux version on a 32 bit Ubuntu 16.04 machine and on a 17.04 64 bit VM machine and both show the same behavior:
I cannot rearrange songs in a play list by drag & drop, neither move them between play lists. The line is highlighted, but it cannot be moved.
Is it a bug, or a setting issue? I never got this in Windows.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

aung

• Recent member
Re: Drag and Drop not working
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:53:19 am »

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110977.0.html

Thanks for the info. It is sad to hear that this very basic functionality is not yet implemented, while other players like Rhythmbox and Clementine have no problem with that.
I think a list of not implemented features (Win vs. Linux) would be helpful to decide whether it is worth to try an installation or not.

Rob1954

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 11:35:48 am »

I made the same query back in 2016 when I purchased the Master license version so I could run on an older laptop running Linux - worked/works like a dream but not being able to drag and drop playlist entries - or even edit playlist entries using basic cut and paste instructions - effectively removes Playlist functionality from JR Media.  I upgraded to v21 and repeated the question - had the same answer "on the list". 

It appears this is a low priority to the compilers as it seems the "all new" V23 STILL does not have this functionality and - disappointingly - this issue is STILL not flagged on the website.  This is a serious issue and purchases of the Linux addition should be warned about this.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 04:06:07 pm »

It's in the process of being worked on now. It's not a simple change.

Rob1954

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 04:52:21 am »

It's in the process of being worked on now. It's not a simple change.

Hi Bob
That's good to hear. 

Putting drag n drop aside for a moment if it's that complex - any reason why standard editing (ctrl-X,ctrl-V, etc) doesn't work/isn't recognised either in the Linux playlists??

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 09:56:42 am »

Hi Bob
That's good to hear. 

Putting drag n drop aside for a moment if it's that complex - any reason why standard editing (ctrl-X,ctrl-V, etc) doesn't work/isn't recognised either in the Linux playlists??
I assume it's related. Only basic copy/paste functionality is implemented so far.

AxelSt

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 04:07:36 pm »

Hi Bob,
it's really good to hear that drag and drop for playlist is in the process of being worked on now.
Is there any estimation when this feature might be available ?
Will it be weeks, month or years ?
I'm just asking because I need to decide if I have to stay with the Windows version (and maybe need to replace my old PC)
or if I can move to Linux.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 10:59:56 am »

Hi Bob,
it's really good to hear that drag and drop for playlist is in the process of being worked on now.
Is there any estimation when this feature might be available ?
Will it be weeks, month or years ?
I'm just asking because I need to decide if I have to stay with the Windows version (and maybe need to replace my old PC)
or if I can move to Linux.
It's just a guess but I'd say a few months.

AxelSt

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 11:48:41 am »

thanks for the quick reply, Bob.
that's helping me how to plan the next steps. So I'll stay with MC-win for a while (and don't try to spend major effort
to make my Windows machine faster).
I appreciate the work of the MC team very much.
For me it's the best software for personal HQ audio replay and media library management I've seen !
Good luck  :)

owlmighty

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 01:53:31 pm »

+1

Was just about to post on this, will drag & drop be appearing in MC24? Also, how about right-finger select? In Windows you can hold a right click and select multiple files, to complement the similar Shift select. I used a lot of both in Windows so I'm fine with Shift select for now, but the ability to do both would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up