INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URC MX-850 issues controlling MC  (Read 1117 times)

1maynard

• World Citizen
URC MX-850 issues controlling MC
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:09:44 pm »

I currently use a URC MX-850 universal remote to control my Home theatre. I have macros set up to start and control my LG OLED 65-4K TV, OPPO UHD-203, and the HTPC. Before I switched to JRiver MC I was using Kodi to DVR and Play my movie collection and the MX 850 for the most part worked well. Since switching to MC some functions will not work so I bought a HP remote and receiver like the one that JRiver used to sell. The HP remote controls all functions properly in theatre view like selecting the guide, switching to live TV, recorded TV files, my movie library etc, I tried to teach the commands to my MX-850 and it showed that the commands were learned but most button functions do not work. I went into the IR data base for the MX editor software and tried some of the files in there for MCE and HP remotes and I can only get some of the functions to control MC. I have never had an issue before with my MX-850 learning commands before so I am wondering if there is something that I can change in JRiver to make this work. I would really like to go back to using one remote to control my system. During my research I ran across something called debounce. that was used with Windows keyboards and Remotes to prevent IR bounce. In Win MC it was a feature that could be turned off. Does this still hold true in Win 10. Could this be causing my problems. If not any ideas. Other that this MC is working great for the wife and I. I just wish I had switched years ago instead of trying to use other band aid replacements for WMC.
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit

1maynard

• World Citizen
Re: URC MX-850 issues controlling MC
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 09:20:28 am »

I worked on the remote issues this morning. I went into the registry on the PC and reset the debounce to 0. No change in the ability of the MX-850 controlling MC. I then went into remote set up and used the learning feature to teach commands from my remote to MC. It showed that it learned them but when I tried it out none of them worked. Through all of this the HP remote controls everything properly. I then dug out my old WMC remote I used when I first started using WMC and tried it and most of the buttons on it do not work to control MC. Example green button will not start MC but the one on the HP remote will. Live TV on the WMC remote does not work but on the HP it takes you to the live TV screen. Just wondering if I am missing a setting that is preventing the WMC remote from controlling MC? I have been through the WIKI and it seems like all is set up correctly.  Any body have any advice?  Should this be moved to a different forum?
Thanks
Intel I7-8700K, GTX1080 Ti Gaming, 16 GB ram, Silverstone GD08, Integra DRX R1.1  AVR, LG OLED B6 65 TV, Oppo UHD-203 DVD. Klipsch Reference 7.1 Speakers. [2] HDHomerun HDHR4-2 OTA tuners. Win 10 Pro 64 bit
Pages: [1]   Go Up