INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Marantz 7.1.4 AVR No Rear Surround Output. Help!  (Read 1637 times)

Guybrush

• World Citizen
Marantz 7.1.4 AVR No Rear Surround Output. Help!
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:37:04 pm »

Hi everyone. I got a Marantz 6011 AVR for Christmas which supports my 7.1.4 setup (with aid of external amp.) However, the AVR either outputs to the 4 ceiling speakers OR the rear surround speakers, depending on the sound mode, but never both. It has a nice info screen I can call up that shows input on all 7 main channels, but removes the output. I can put it in Dolby TrueHD mode which plays on the 7 main channels, or I can put it in Dolby Surround mode which activates the ceiling speakers, but at the expense of the rears. I've also tried a UHD disc that has 7.1.4 audio track and the AVR removes the rear surrounds on that as well. AVR promised it processes 11 channels. Any help?!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Marantz 7.1.4 AVR No Rear Surround Output. Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 05:54:38 am »

Someone else will have to help on this, but you can use MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings to set MC to output (probably) 12 channels.  Then you can move them around if necessary.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 05:59:39 am »

I don't think MC is involved here is it? it seems to be an AVR specific question so you're probably better off asking somewhere like avsforum (e.g. the owners thread -
 http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2450130-official-marantz-2016-nr-1607-sr-5011-6011-7011-owner-s-thread.html)

Guybrush

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:06:35 am »

Thanks for the replies, and I apologize, it was not MCs problem. I didn't think it was, but I wasn't sure and I was desperate.  I solved it by rerunning the ridiculous setup assistant. I had to wade through 12 screens of how to wire a speaker and a couple on how to strip speaker wire and other things that I think don't match the experience level of a typical Marantz owner. Anyway, it was a seemingly unrelated amp assign setting not available in the amp assign section, only in the setup tutorial. I post that here for anyone trying to google a solution to a similar problem. Still very happy with JRiver. I have it processing my music audio, but am having to (unfortunately) bitstream my movies to get the atmos processing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up