INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eastern lossless digital music store  (Read 2555 times)

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
Eastern lossless digital music store
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:36:44 pm »

Reposting this from the Anime News Network to save time:

Quote from: Gatherum
Title basically says it. I am trying my best to eschew physical media in favour of high-quality digital downloads, both for space conservation and because compact discs are obsolete as a format (and retain market viability largely for the same reasons DVD's do).

I have accounts on 7digital, Bandcamp, Qobuz, and Tidal. The problem? These services are generally geared towards western music, and feature a general dearth of eastern stuff, be it popular music, soundtracks, or what have you. These serve my needs most of the time because most of my stuff comes from Europe, but I'm still one of the weebiest weebs who ever weebed and I want my fix every so often.

I found Ototoy while searching for a 夢中夢 record, and this is a start. I am wondering if there are any other options.

Please note that I am looking for legal digital downloads. I am well aware that there are thousands of ** blogs, forums, fan sites and what have you dedicated to sharing pirated OST material for free. That is not for what I am here. I am also not looking for what are exclusively streaming services. Those are volatile and subscription-based and not my forté. Tidal is listed above because, contrary to popular belief, they have a store. I only go through services which allow me to download local copies of what I buy.

Emphasis also on the fact that Amazon Japan, the iTunes Music Store, and the like do not cut it because they only offer lossy content (MP3, M4A, etc). I am looking for lossless (ALAC, FLAC, WAV, etc).

Also, since this is more the expertise of the people here, is there a lossless digital music store geared specifically to multi-channel/surround sound audio?

I have a number of albums that included DVD or BD versions mixed in six channels, and I'm wondering if there's a place on the Internet which would remove the need for me to rip these any longer (and to sell them, being honest).

tbng

• World Citizen
Re: Eastern lossless digital music store
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:51:33 pm »

There are several web sites that permit multi-channel music downloads of western classical music.  I've used them all, although they are not limited to multi-channel.

1. nativedsd.com
 2. eclassical.com
 3. primephonic.com
 4. channelclassics.com
 5. chandos.net

Goatshade

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Eastern lossless digital music store
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 05:30:08 pm »

Hmm. Well, those will be handy if I'm ever looking for classical music. However, I'm looking more for stores offering digital multi-channel versions of certain progressive rock albums I have.

As an example: https://burningshed.com/store/anathema/anathema_the-optimist_blu-ray

I own a copy of this. I was just wondering if any place had it on digits. I imagine not, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up