INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not displayed after cover art file tag updated externally  (Read 1212 times)

dmitch77

• World Citizen

1. Import a file with no cover art.
2. Add cover art later, with external tool.
3. MC doesn't see/display the new cover art.

I tried "Cover Art > Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory". I tried "Rebuild Thumbnail". I tried "Library Tools > Update Library From Tags". Nothing works. I have to re-import the artwork again in MC.

Is there a way to force MC to re-evaluate its idea of whether or not a file has embedded cover art?

ugee

Re: Cover art not displayed after cover art file tag updated externally
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 01:02:41 pm »

Is there a way to force MC to re-evaluate its idea of whether or not a file has embedded cover art?

> Library Tools > Update Library (from tags)

:)

dmitch77

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 01:16:19 pm »

> Library Toos > Update Library (from tags)

:)

Not sure what you’re suggesting here. You do realize that I said that I tried exactly that command in my original post, right? It had no effect.

ugee

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 01:53:05 pm »

Not sure what you’re suggesting here. You do realize that I said that I tried exactly that command in my original post, right? It had no effect.
That's what worked here ... tried it with a few m4a files for which artwork was missing. I did add cover art to those using Yate and run the mentioned command afterwards with success. So actually I meant that "Update Library from tags" is what's supposed to work. I should have used more words in my previous comment, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up