INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I exclude sub-directories from import?  (Read 3252 times)

jeraldej

• Recent member
How can I exclude sub-directories from import?
« on: January 20, 2018, 12:52:05 pm »

I'm looking for a way to exclude the import of any _gsdata_ folder that exists on the file system.

I have Media Center 23.0.90 running on a Macbook Pro and on a Mac Mini.
I have my home directory setup the same on both.

I use GoodSync to synchronize my Music folder between the two. My Music folder includes an iTunes and a HIREZ folder.

The GoodSync application creates its own _gsdata_ directory where it stores metadata that enables it to keep track of that which has been synchronized between the two systems

I want to exclude any instance of the _gsdata_ folder because Media Center is adding it to the library. I know that I can delete the files from the library that are within these _gsdata_ folders, but I would have to do this both on the MBP and the MM.

I've gone to Options > Library & Folders and did not see what I want there. Is this something that can be done?

Thank you,
Jerald

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: How can I exclude sub-directories from import?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:31:48 am »

If there is only one (or only a couple) of those folders, you can exclude them by adding them to the import queue - under the "folder" field there's a "mode" field where you can tell J River to exclude the file. 

Since you need to exclude one folder at a time with this method, it might not help if you're getting your _gsdata_ folders all over the place. 

- P

ugee

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 01:04:27 pm »

Maybe when you tell GoodSync to work with the entire Music folder but MC to import the subfolders iTunes and HiRes then this _gsdata_ folder will only be created for the Music folder and would be on the same level as iTunes and HiRes and therefore not get imported into MC?

Something like this:

- Music Folder --> Sync Folder
-- iTunes      --> JRiver import folder 1
-- HiRes       --> JRiver import folder 2
-- _gsdata_        (excluded from JRiver)

Will not work if GoodSync creates this folder for every sub folder in the tree (but that would be not such a good practice and you should consider going for a different sync tool...  :o ).

jeraldej

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 09:54:22 pm »

RESOLVED

What I chose to do, in Options > Library & Folders > Configure auto-import, is create two entries for each location where I have files, but also have the GoodSync _gsdata_ sub-directory that I do not want to import

The first entry explicitly includes /dir-path/music and the second entry explicitly excludes /dir-path/music/_gsdata_
Pages: [1]   Go Up