INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable volume change on mouse swipe  (Read 2861 times)

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
Disable volume change on mouse swipe
« on: January 26, 2018, 03:02:47 pm »

I noticed (and it must have been added recently) that the volume changes when i swipe up or down on my magic mouse while MC23 is the active window.  Is there a way to disable this feature as it seems to be causing un-intended volume changes?  I don't need mouse swipe control of volume.  I am set to 'system volume'.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Disable volume change on mouse swipe
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 03:41:56 pm »

Can you control that with the mouse software?

On an ordinary mouse, the scroll wheel will change volume, but only when it's over the volume slider.

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 07:46:31 pm »

I noticed (and it must have been added recently) that the volume changes when i swipe up or down on my magic mouse while MC23 is the active window.  Is there a way to disable this feature as it seems to be causing un-intended volume changes?  I don't need mouse swipe control of volume.  I am set to 'system volume'.
I have the same issue. It seems to happen randomly when I go to the play/pause/FF buttons. It wouldn't happen if the vol slider wasn't right where it is. Actually, if you park the pointer on the play button, the vol cntrl is still being activated. Anywhere in that box! The active area needs to be focused on just the vol slider. I don't need this vol cntrl, so if I could disable it I would be happy.
Kev

bMinor

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 10:38:49 pm »

same problem here

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 05:33:36 am »

Does "Disable Volume" turn volume off or disable vol cntrl?

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 11:45:53 am »

It seems to happen almost anywhere within the open window but also sometimes even when it isn't active window which could be a bug.  In any case I would prefer to just disable this feature.  There is no option to disable it from the magic mouse controls by Apple.

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2018, 07:48:57 am »

The mouse scroll also adjusts forward & back if the pointer is in the upper section of the screen. I hope these features are turned off in future releases. More annoying than useful IMO.
Kev

ataddeo

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 01:19:00 am »

I thought I was dreaming, move the mouse and LOUD or soft it would go.  Not pretty at 2am.

dichotomous1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 10:48:36 am »

I've the same issue using when using the trackpad on my MacBook Pro.  Either while trying to drag a window across  the screen or just by my fingers brushing the trackpad surface and the volume goes off the chart.  I'm unable to locate a setting to disable the scrolling  gesture as volume control.  I've come close to blowing a house full of new speakers by trying to urgently swipe the volume back to a low roar snd not knowing which direction.  Any clues would be appreciated. 

Thanks J

ugee

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 07:33:32 pm »

From what I see there's at least one bug and a half.

1) The entire header (player controls and all) except the small part taken by the position slider / indicator act as an area to interpret swipes as volume control gestures (in a rather unpredictable way). This "gesture catch area" should at least get reduced to the screen area taken by the volume slider / control and nothing else.

1/2) Even when MC is not the foreground application it will still catch swipe gestures when the mouse happens to cross parts of the MC header area in the background. While scrolling in background windows without actually focusing them is generally a nice thing on the Mac, in this scenario it's mostly not the intended behaviour. If MC is in the background I probably don't want to control it ...

Additionally it would be a good thing to give the user the choice to disable the volume slider / volume gesture within MC the same way media keys can get set to on/off.

bugeyed

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 09:11:19 am »

If you don't need the Volume control in MC,

MC23 Menu  > Player > Volume > Disabled Volume

I use the volume control on my preamp, so this works for me. It appears to set the MC23 volume at 100%, so I'm happy.

Kev

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 08:00:28 pm »

I used to do that but recently I appreciate being able to change the volume via the media keys on the keyboard.  I usually leave it at 100% anyway though but sometimes the keyboard is convenient.
Pages: [1]   Go Up