INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with Astell&Kern player and MediaCenter  (Read 2540 times)

macdonjh

• Citizen of the Universe
Trouble with Astell&Kern player and MediaCenter
« on: January 28, 2018, 02:33:42 pm »

During the past month I've been having trouble synching .flac files to my Astell&Kern AK Jr. DAP.  The problem is getting worse, too.  A couple of weeks ago a few files (out of two hundred) refused to play, "file format is not supported".  When I loaded a new batch of songs today, NONE of them played.  All of them were "unsupported" according to my player. 

I deleted all the songs and reloaded a new batch, using .wav this time.  A couple of those files have refused to play so far, too. 

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  I didn't have this problem before Christmas.  I don't think I've changed anything about how I use MediaCenter.  I know I updated the firmware in one AK Jr. to v1.03, but the other is still at v1.00.  The problem affects both DAPs.

macdonjh

Re: Trouble with Astell&Kern player and MediaCenter
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 07:43:34 am »

Problem solved with FLAC and the AK Jr.  It turns out to be a difficulty with JRiver Media Center.  When converting WAV to FLAC Media Center started producing some weird combination of 6 channel, 32 bit, 44.1 kHz something-something-something files that the AK didn't recognize.  I went into the signal processing menu and forced 2 channel 44.1kHz output, reconverted the troublesome files and all is right with the world.  Or at least the AK Jr part of the world.

JimH

• Administrator
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:02:10 am »

I don't think MC will write a multi-channel FLAC file.

macdonjh

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 09:08:35 am »

I don't know if there is such a thing as a multi-channel .flac file, either.  However, when I went into the Audio Path for some of the files that were giving my DAP trouble I saw all kinds of weirdness.  I made sure my conversion settings were stereo and reconverted the files and they transferred to my DAP just fine.  Perhaps MC tried to do something it couldn't and failed, causing confusion between my computer and DAP?  I don't know.  I do know the problem is fixed now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up