INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Migrate from Mac to Windows - any issues or challenges to look out for?  (Read 643 times)

discgo1013

I've been happily using MC for many years on my 2014 non-SSD mac mini (and my 2009 iMac before it) and am going to be migrating to a Intel NUC based/Win10 music server as the mac mini is starting to slow down and I don't want to spend the premium required to replace it.

My goal is to maintain my MC library and playlists, especially library data stats like LTP and playcounts.

I've searched many times and can't find any topics for migrating from Mac to Windows PC, but found several for migrating from Windows PC to Mac.

Is the process essentially the same?

Here's a rundown of my set up & approach:
  • All music (100% FLAC) is on an external drive, I will have to move it temporarily, reformat the drive to NTFS, then move it back. I plan to keep the directory structure identical, end result should be the same files on the same hard drive, just formatted NTFS
  • I will backup the library on the mac and restore once set up on the PC
  • I'm familiar with the "Move, rename & Copy" feature...how exactly should I use during my transition

Is anything wrong with my approach above?

If anyone is aware of an existing thread with directions, tips or tricks, please pass it my way.

Thanks and enjoy the music!

-discgo1013
Pages: [1]   Go Up