INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving from MediaBrowser under WMC using Media Center Master?  (Read 865 times)

sigpaw

• Recent member
Moving from MediaBrowser under WMC using Media Center Master?
« on: February 02, 2018, 12:45:37 pm »

Hello!

I'm a long time supporter/licensee of JRiver, but have used it exclusively to organize and play my large collection of HiRes .flac music.

I've been clinging to Win7 and WMC for some time now for my video collection. But Win 7 support will eventually be discontinued and it would be best to move everything into JRiver anyway. So...

I currently have (literally) thousands of .iso files and extracted DVD folders scattered across dozens of drives. I have been able to configure JRiver to find them all and include them into a library.

However little of my "Lovely Formatting and Detail Info is present.

I have a very complete set of metadata containing TV Series episode info, screen shots, etc saved in folders formatted to be compatible with Media Browser running in WMC. I use a third party program named Media Center Master to auto-scan all my TV/Movie .iso's and folders and then to automatically query multiple online databases for season/title/episode/synopsis/screenshot info for TV series as well as for Movies. I have a very extensive collection of data (1000s of hours of my time) already collected and organized. But it is arranged for Media Browser / WMC friendly format.

Is MC able to recognize and use these structures as is (ie. all info is kept in .jpg and .xml files under a sub-folder named "metedata" inside of folders named "TV Series/Season 1", "TV Series/Season 2", etc)? Or perhaps a third party translator would be able to read and rearrange things for me in a way MC can recognize?

Thanks for your help!
'sig
Pages: [1]   Go Up