INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Direct-X plug-in support in MC 9.1 ?  (Read 1509 times)

jofte

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Direct-X plug-in support in MC 9.1 ?
« on: June 18, 2003, 05:25:33 am »

I just dl'ed build 201: Still no Direct-X audio plug-in support.

You guys promised to include this with 9.1 ...

I hope to see it happen as soon as possible, as this is the #1 reason why I keep going back to WMP 9 (with Adapt-X plug-in).

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

jofte

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Direct-X plug-in support in MC 9.1 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 05:54:53 am »

Direct X Audio plugin support has been available for about five builds now.  It is in the DSP Studio under DX Host.  Check the thread I made about DX plugins about a week ago and it details how to use it...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Warlock

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 06:24:01 am »

I hope to see it happen as soon as possible, as this is the #1 reason why I keep going back to WMP 9 (with Adapt-X plug-in).

What are the advantages of Adapt-X?

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 08:20:40 am »

Whoah! Really?!

I hadn't heard about this.

I have CakeWalk Sonar (an audio recording/mixing/mastering program) and a ton of DirectX plug-in effects for it. So, for example,  I could take my compressor/limiter effect and plug it into MC and use it instead of replay gain if I want to?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 08:22:16 am »

That is exactly what I have been doing ;D  I have been running my 20 Band Parametric EQ from SOnic Foundary Acid and it make my music sound sweet.  I also have a vocal remover running too.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

loraan

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 08:32:09 am »

SWEET!

I love replay gain, but I would love a real compressor/limiter more! Replay gain seemed to basically pull all loud tracks down to the level of the quietest tracks, which resulted in a huge decrease in my output signal and which kills my signal/noise ratio (== lots of hiss). In addition, replay gain doesn't seem to handle clipping very gracefully. Basically, the audio distorts (loud clicking) as soon as the signal goes over 100%.

Sonar comes with a really nice mastering compressor with a built in hard-line limiter. Configured properly, this compressor would pull up the volume of quiet tracks without killing the dynamics of louder tracks. In addition, the limiter on the compressor seems to do a much better job of handling clipping than replay gain (but what do you expect from an effect that comes with a $300 piece of software?!). Push it hard enough, and it will distort, sure, but you've really got to push it! Finally, being able to pull up the compressor's display would give me more feedback about my levels than the current "Output Level" display in the DSP dialog box.

This is really exciting news.

rocketsauce

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 09:03:11 am »

It is in the DSP Studio under DX Host.

I installed .201 last night and don't have DX Host listed in the DSP Studio. Just Equalizer, Effects, Replay Gain and Output Format.

Rob

Media Center Registered 9.1.201 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 730 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 115 MB
Resource Info: System - 44 %, GDI - 52 %, User - 44 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 10:15:32 am »

Strange...I have it installed here in .201.  Maybe it was cos I already had it installed from an earlier build and it has now been removed from the installer???  It wasn't working in the 199 build I think but it is fixed and working now...

Curisoer and curioser...

Adam

jofte

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 01:12:15 am »

Direct X Audio plugin support has been available for about five builds now.  It is in the DSP Studio under DX Host.  Check the thread I made about DX plugins about a week ago and it details how to use it...
Adam

... unfortunately, with builds 201 and 202 (the two I tried), DX Host is missing.   ?

Please ... include this again with build 203 !!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up