INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideas for calculated fields  (Read 960 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Ideas for calculated fields
« on: June 18, 2003, 04:08:42 am »

I love the new calculated fields templates.  This is brilliant and I have been waiting for this for a long time.  However I was thinking about a way to extend this idea even further.  With the new templates I can set up a field of Year - Album which allows me to sort my albums by Year.  However if possible I would still like it to be displayed as Album so I was wondering if there would be the possibility of setting up calculated fields for sorting purposes but being able to mask the fields so that it doesn't have to display all of them in the column. This way columns could be created to sort thing in a specific order.  I was thinking of something along the lines of :Month - Year - :Album as the field so anything inside the colons is calculated but not actually displayed in the column.
The idea came about when I created my Year - Album field and thenr ealised that if there were two albums in a year then these would still be sorted calphabetically so month is necessary to get the albums to totally sort properly but this makes the view very complex then.

Hope this makes sense and could be possible in some format,

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Ideas for calculated fields
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 05:11:23 am »

I was thinking that exact same thing last night.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 05:25:40 am »

LOL Great minds and all that...
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2003, 12:43:30 am »

Hey I got a great mind too :)
I DEFINITELY agree.

Either that or let us create sorting schemes for each view so we define the view itself then also define in what order it is sorted

eg. artist, year, album, track #  - for name field
then it'd have all the track names sorted soooo sweetly :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up