INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New User question  (Read 784 times)

PinballWiz

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
New User question
« on: June 18, 2003, 04:08:34 am »

I am using the newest MC9.  I have done the initial import of all my music files, which are located in a folder called 'My Music'.  I have also synced my music with my iPod.  The ease of use of this program with my iPod is the main reason I purchased it.  It is great!!

Now for a question.  I occasionally download mp3 files to a folder called 'New Music' on my desktop.  What steps are necessary with MC9 to import them, and then move them from the desktop folder to their perminent home in the 'My Music' folder.  I have imported them and then moved them in Windows, but MC9 looses track of the file location.

Is there a way to import them and then move the files from within MC9?

Thanks,
Rob

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New User question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 04:10:29 am »

Do a Rename files from properties and select directory and change this to the directory you want ot them too or once imported use My Computer within MC to drag and drop them to the correct location.

Both of these methods will allow your files to maintain their links in MCs database

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 01:41:00 pm »

Rob,

Create another library that points only to that folder where your new downloads are.  Open that library, enter/edit the tag info, then do what Adam said (use the rename files from properties and select your desired DESTINATION directory).  You might be able to do this with a Smartlist in your default (primary) library, but I'm not sure.  maybe that would be easier, but I've found that the above method works great for me.

If you come up with a better way, let me know...

Wobbley

Marko

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 11:18:29 pm »

Is there a way to import them and then move the files from within MC9?

Browse to the folder on your desktop using MC's internal "windows explorer", the My Computer node on the tree, for future quickness, add this location to your MC favourites list, select the files you want to import, (you will notice that non-imported files have a different coloured icon) then right click on the selection, bottom of the list, "Import into Library" click on that.

Now, right click on your selected files again, hover over "Library Tools", 1st item on the flyout menu is "move/copy disk file" click on that and make your choices. MC will move the files and update itself with their new location.

Job Done.

(If you wish to make changes to the filenames, or directory structure, then after importing, use MC to get the tags the way you want them, and instead of using the "move/copy" tool, use "rename files from properties" instead.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up