INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With 2 Problems In Playlists  (Read 940 times)

bhahn

• Junior Woodchuck
Help With 2 Problems In Playlists
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:37:04 pm »

Hi.

I use playlists to broadcast my weekly radio show. Sometimes when the tracks are changing the next song starts before the previous one is over. Although I don't want a gap between songs, I also don't want one song playing over another. What's the fix for this?

Additionally, the WD My Passport 4TB outboard hard drive I play from sometimes seems to go to sleep and I get a message that MC23 is spinning up the drive in order to to play from it. That causes some dead air which is not cool on the radio. Is there any way to avoid this so I don't have dead air while I'm broadcasting?

I'm running Windows 10 on a brand new Microsoft Surface Pro.

Thanks!

Bill

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Help With 2 Problems In Playlists
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:41:39 am »

Hey bhahn -

the first issue sounds like you should be able to play around with the settings under Options/Audio/Track Change to find what you need. 

The second issue is probably a Windows/Surface problem, you may need to direct your questions there...  Alternately you could play a long blank track (of silence) in place of stopping your music for a voice-over.  It's something I used to do a lot when I was on the air, mind you I wasn't DJing from JRiver but it should be a good workaround...
Pages: [1]   Go Up