INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Files will not load into Library  (Read 3052 times)

chink8ball

• Recent member
Files will not load into Library
« on: February 08, 2018, 03:00:14 pm »

I have used JRM 19 & 20 in a W10 environment for a few years.  I have it installed on four machines running W10 64, all on a Win Homenetwork which includes a Synology DS412 NAS which holds all my 40,000 music files, 192/24 and 96/24.

I received a RPi 3 for xmas and set it up using a copy of Debian via NOOBS_v2_4_5 and following the JRM quickstart directions.  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,111505.0.html for JRM 23 linux

Using wifi, I imported all the music files on the NAS by using the OS file manager to mount the drives via the Network drop down selection.  All was good although the USB sound was not so good and there was some dropping of signal during playback.

I purchased a PIFI SPDIF hihat, changed the config.txt for this and the sound was improved.  Unfortunately, the hihat failed.

I purchased an Allo DigiOne hihat, changed the config.txt for this board and the sound was improved but there were still dropping of signal.

I switched the NAS access to ethernet plugged directly into the NAS which can create a separate LAN for this purpose with its own IP address.  Reloaded the libraries and all was good.

The next day after powering down the NAS but with the RPI still on, I went to remount the NAS drives.  Playback error.  I went to reload the libraries.  I rebooted and the JRM library was empty.

I began the process of importing files to the library again.

The libraries showed "adding files to library"

Then it showed "analyzing library"

Then it showed "updating library to match external changes"

Finally it showed "library now has 0 files.  Search and update took 58:03.  Impored 0 new files.  Failed to import 5221 files.

I have spent the last 3 days trying to load the libraries, clearing the libraries, deleting the libraries, etc. with no luck.  Clean install of Debian and JRM 23 a few times.  Still nothing.

Power supply is a DIY 011 LPS which puts our 5.2V and 2.9A.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Files will not load into Library
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 03:30:14 pm »

How did you "remount" the NAS?
If you do a
df -k
from terminal, does it show up?

Are the file paths changed?

chink8ball

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 03:52:04 pm »

It looks like the RPI is pointing at the correct location and that the file path is also correct.  I'm pretty new to linux/RPI.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 04:05:13 pm »

It looks like the RPI is pointing at the correct location and that the file path is also correct.  I'm pretty new to linux/RPI.
I'm not seeing the NAS in the
df -k

That indicates to me that you are looking at it through a file browser and not mounting it.
MC must have the share mounted to be able to use it.
You can mount it either as a cifs or nfs share.
There are several posts in the linux forum about this.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,110697.msg765193.html#msg765193
Is a good place to start.

chink8ball

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 05:57:34 am »

Okay, thanks.  Will have to do some research and then give it a go.

That being said, it does not really explain why I was able to import the library without issue using wifi for the first week and then also import over the ethernet once and each time through the file browser if to your point, MC must have the share mounted.

Of course, I cannot replicate that situation after having spent the past week trying.   ;D

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 09:14:43 am »

Okay, thanks.  Will have to do some research and then give it a go.

That being said, it does not really explain why I was able to import the library without issue using wifi for the first week and then also import over the ethernet once and each time through the file browser if to your point, MC must have the share mounted.

Of course, I cannot replicate that situation after having spent the past week trying.   ;D
At some point or the other the share must have been mounted by the file browser or via another method.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 02:10:31 pm »

In Auto-Import options make sure "Ignore files previously removed from library" is Unchecked, since you mentioned deleting/clearing the library.
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

chink8ball

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 08:03:49 pm »

Okay, got it.  sudo nano /etc/fstab to death  ;D ;D ;D finally got them mounted.  Thanks for all the response.
Pages: [1]   Go Up