INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feasibility of a Qobuz plugin  (Read 4004 times)

krmasson

• World Citizen
Feasibility of a Qobuz plugin
« on: February 13, 2018, 06:42:21 am »

Hello there,

I would like to get access to my Qobuz playlists through MediaCenter used as server (i.e. seeing Qobuz playlists, along with my collection of CD's), directly from my Naim (DLNA renderer + controller). Qobuz's API seems to be rather well documented.

I was wondering if adding a new source in JRiver was feasible with a plugin: the documentation about that seems rather outdated?

Any thoughts will be appreciated...

CM

P.-S. Another solution would be to add Qobuz access in some open source DLNA server. It will depend on which one is better documented :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Feasibility of a Qobuz plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 06:54:41 am »

Which documentation do you think is outdated?

Most recent third party software has used our MCWS interface.  It's documented on the developer page.

It's not likely you could get good enough access to Qobuz to do much, and especially if you're trying to use the Naim in between.

You've said that the Naim device is a Renderer and Controller.  To play _from_ it, it would need to be a Server.

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 08:48:49 am »

Thanks for the answer, will have a look on the doc.
You've said that the Naim device is a Renderer and Controller.  To play _from_ it, it would need to be a Server.
I play music on the Naim, also using this Naim to browse this music from JRiver server.
JRiver, as server, actually lies between my music collection and the Naim.
What I would like is to "insert" a Qobuz view inside the server view.

Qobuz API seems to be well documented, the hardest part will be to obtain a developer key :-).

krmasson

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 03:04:14 pm »

I will answer my own question: trying to build a Qobuz plugin is just pointless, as Qobuz does not provide the developer key that is required to access the API.

They do not say yes or no, they just do not reply. They asked once what kind of software I was planning to write, and then no sound no image. They just suggested to me to wait for the PC version of Audirvana...

vgbf

Qobuz integration
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2019, 10:50:30 am »

Hello,
I am a JRiver client since many years and lately subscribed to MC25. I am also a very happy user of Qobuz Sublime. I just realize that Roon has given access to Qobuz. I understand that you may have communication problems with the frenchies but I am now seriously considering to quit your service and this would be to my deepest regret. Rgds. Fred

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2019, 11:04:55 am »

We can't waste time on services that come and go.  They are financially not stable.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=101545.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up