INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using DSP Studio Functions with Media Network  (Read 1440 times)

rkl2525

• Recent member
Using DSP Studio Functions with Media Network
« on: February 14, 2018, 01:42:45 pm »

I am currently using MC 23 on a new Apple MacBook Pro and would like to purchase a Network Player such as The Bricasti M5 to send music over ethernet to my surround sound processor. I currently am using a 15 foot USB cable between the Macbook Pro and the processor which is working ok but limits the sound quality of the signal. I use DSP studio functions such as volumne leveling, equalization, surround effects constantly while lisitng to music. Is there a way to use the DSP Studio Functions with a network player as pass attempts have not been successful. When I use the Media Network option in MC 23 to access a device on the LAN with ethernet from the MacBook Pro and click on the icon to open DSP Studio, i get s screen that pops up saying that DSP Studio is for the local zone only.

Thanks,

Ron

EfeTe

• Recent member
Re: Using DSP Studio Functions with Media Network
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 04:43:33 am »

I myself am in a similar predicament. JMRC (Windows desktop PC) -> LAN (ethernet) -> DAC (PS Audio DS Junior) cat6 cable through a set of Powerline adaptors.

System functions and sounds really good however it prevents you from doing any DSP. I suppose there is no way to get around this is there? Not looking for something elaborate or detailed, just maybe to be able to use volume levelling -f.i. when using a 4 terabyte drive full of albums all with different volume settings.

Cheers

Marco99

• Recent member

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 08:42:27 pm »

The DSP Functionality for Network renderers is accessed via Tools -> Options -> Media Network -> Add or Configure DLNA Servers -> <Highlight Server>  Advanced -> DSP Studio

EfeTe

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 10:46:49 pm »

No joy, but thanks anyhow Marco and Scobie.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 12:06:51 am »

You don't see the option or it doesn't do anything?

EfeTe

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 01:47:39 pm »

Yeah it's there. I click the "Output format" and the "Volume leveling" options, but it does not normalise the volume at all. Weird.
Pages: [1]   Go Up