INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch conversion - FLAC to ALAC, bug resolved?  (Read 1009 times)

clpetersen

• Recent member
Batch conversion - FLAC to ALAC, bug resolved?
« on: February 16, 2018, 01:19:18 pm »

Hello JRiver -
I would like to batch convert a number of FLAC files to ALAC. Perhaps 3,500 files (tracks). The files are on a NAS with external back-ups.

Running MC23 for Mac, I plan to use the Conversion tool within MC23.

--> Has this bug been fixed?

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,108803.0.html

"I'm encountering a bug with the "Convert Format" tool when converting FLAC (or any other format for that matter) to ALAC. What happens is when I'm running the tool on a album of 10-15 tracks, I usually end up with 2-4* temporary files in the same folder.
The files are named very slightly differently, but they all follow the same format. Here's an example on what files are left being from a test FLAC->ALAC conversion I just did:

Temporary Convert File - 22404 (1).m4a
Temporary Convert File - 24196 (1).m4a

Note that I have the conversion tool set to replace the original files."

ugee

Re: Batch conversion - FLAC to ALAC, bug resolved?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:56:17 pm »

--> Has this bug been fixed?
Have you tried it with a sample album? I mean: that would probably give you an answer way faster than waiting for JR to step in.  8)

Personally, I prefer to use XLD before importing the files into MC, but if you already have the flac files in the library it might be better to make it an inside job.

And even so it sounds tempting to do it all in one go I still would recommend to split up the batch of 3,500 into smaller ones. One big batch is far more prone to errors you may not notice right away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up