INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Songs Repeating in Play List Before All Songs Have Played - Shuffle Feature  (Read 1712 times)

themassacre

• Recent member

Hi all,
I listen to a lot of play lists as well as I like to play entire genres that I have created. How do you utilize the "Shuffle" feature to ensure all songs within the playlist or genre are played once before the "Shuffle" feature starts to repeat the songs?

Basically I would like all songs to play once first before JRiver starts to play them over again.

Any information or help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.

First, I have to confess I never use the shuffle feature.

With that said, I do shuffle my playlists.  I do this in Standard View.  After selecting and viewing the playlist there are selections at the top.  If you hit the "shuffle" button there then play you have shuffled that playlist and all songs will play.

You can then add other playlists in the same manner, but instead of hitting play, use the "add to playing now" selection in the drop down menu.

In the "Playing Now" view of the standard view mode, you can select the small down arrow by your zone you can select the "Reshuffle Remaining" and again it will reshuffle from where you are and play all the remaining files in your list.

This way all songs will play without repeating before the playlists are complete.

themassacre

• Recent member

Thank you for the info.  I will give it a try to see what happens.  I am hoping it will allow me to listen to all songs once in an entire genre of music (ex. Rock) while not repeating a song, keeping in mind that I have about 15,000 songs to listen to and that I will listen to the genre over  time not just in one sitting.   Basically I want to listen to the genre one day, stop play, go into the genre again the next day, and have all the songs that have not yet played play before repeating. 

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up