INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temperamental scrubbing slider with DNLA  (Read 1161 times)

B17NNS

• Junior Woodchuck
Temperamental scrubbing slider with DNLA
« on: February 17, 2018, 10:18:51 am »

Recently purchased a new Denon AVR-X2400H and I'm having a bit of an issue with JRemote. JRiver is running on my iMac. Media is on a Synology NAS.

It's found the AVR just fine but the scrubbing slider is very hit and miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Issue happens both on iPhone and iMac.

Any idea what the issue is or how to resolve it?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Temperamental scrubbing slider with DNLA
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 05:37:49 pm »

Do you have "Options > Audio > Volume > Volume Protection" turned on?

That works in a very specific way, preventing you from increasing the volume too much too quick.

Read: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Volume#Volume_Protection
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 09:42:07 pm »

Actually, you probably meant the video position slider, didn't you. My bad.

There have been some threads discussing Fat Forward and Rewind using DLNA, and the challenges that creates. A search may find them. I can't remember if there was a solution.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

B17NNS

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 07:07:44 am »

Yes I meant that slider rather than volume.

Can't get volume protection to work via DNLA either. Had to do that amp side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up