INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having window-resizing/moving crashes in Archlinux.  (Read 2100 times)

arizonajoe

• Recent member
Having window-resizing/moving crashes in Archlinux.
« on: February 17, 2018, 04:49:09 pm »

Hello,
This is my first post here and while JRiver Media Center works well in Windows (10Pro 17.025-pre-release17.1020-1612), I am having a slight challenge in Archlinux. (The version is always the latest due to rolling releases).

I installed jriver-media-center from the Aur repository and can see that it was ported to Debian/Ubuntu, but my package manager can deal with apt-get installs.  I'm wondering if any other arch user has had similar issues with resizing or moving the media center window. Any movement or resizing whatsoever causes an immediate system-wide crash with the computer completely unresponsive to CTL-ALT-DEL.
I'm working within the KDE (or Gnome) GUI.  If I open the program and just start playing music, no issues arise.  But if my cursor brushes up against the window with a single click, the entire system becomes unresponsive. I'll try to debug this when I have the time, but I wondered if any arch users have experienced this, or if there was an easy fix.  Thanks in advance.
ASUS Z270 MB with Intel I7 @ 4000MHz, 32MB GSKILL TRIDENT Z 4000 MHz DDR-4 running Archlinux KDE PlasmaDesktop * Kitsune  KTE SU-1 DDR via I2S HDMI cable * HoloAudio Spring DAC LEVEL 3 * Woo WA22MkII Headphone Amp * Sennheiser HD800s  * Dalhquist DQ10 Loudspeakers * DQ-1W Subwoofer * DQ-LP1 Crossover * ADCOM GFA555MkII * Logitech Touch

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Having window-resizing/moving crashes in Archlinux.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 06:50:30 pm »

I run it on Arch daily and have not experienced the issues you describe at all with the Gnome desktop in the X11 session (I can't use the wayland session due to my graphics card).  Are you running a wayland session in KDE or Gnome?  If so can you try testing with the respective X11 session instead and see if you still have issues.
Pages: [1]   Go Up