INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imon display for MC in Linux  (Read 3018 times)

balky

• Junior Woodchuck
Imon display for MC in Linux
« on: February 18, 2018, 06:56:05 am »

Not sure if this has been requested before...

Will be really nice to know if possible and how...

I am willing to pay for the add-on that will make this work, and I'm sure many others will not mind paying as well... :-)

Been running MC 22 on Debian Jessie (Silverstone case) for quite a while and honestly, no digital player on the market comes close in terms of sound quality...

Will instantly upgrade to v23 if Imon display support can be built in or at least have a guide on how to make it work...

Thanks,
Long time MC fan boy.   

millst

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Imon display for MC in Linux
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 11:27:40 am »

Use Windows :)

Check out LCDproc. I believe there are Linux drivers for both versions of the display and that that project supports them. If that truly works, then it would just need to be tied into MC.

-tm

balky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:20:33 am »

Windows? yuck...

Yes, the drivers exist, and works... from playing around a bit following a mpdlcd setup guide, I could get the display to work... I just don't know how to make MC send information to the display server.

Hoping our gurus here will provide information on how to do this... they will make many many people really happy...

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 12:19:37 pm »

Did they add plugin support to the Linux version? If not, you'll need to poll the MCWS web interface and update the display. The API looked pretty simple...just connect to a network port and send some simple text commands.

-tm

balky

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 02:41:45 am »

Not sure if they added plugin support to the Linux version... checked and the web service is available on the Linux version...
I only couldn't find the API documentation anywhere...

From what I have read, if I understand correctly, I imagine it should be possible to put in small script which will echo track information (Name, Artist...etc. to the display server each time a new track starts to play...
This will be more than enough for me...

It's also probably not as simple as I imagine... otherwise, someone will have it running already...

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 09:40:00 am »

http://localhost:52199/MCWS/v1/doc

Shouldn't be too difficult. I'd guess that the number of people owning an iMon display and running MC/Linux is very small.

-tm
Pages: [1]   Go Up