INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chord Qute EX MC 23 issues  (Read 1910 times)

robbie burns

• Recent member
Chord Qute EX MC 23 issues
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:07:30 pm »

Hoping someone can walk me thro this one.
 I have a Chord Qute EX (ive downloaded windows 78 drivers from the chord web site) im running 64bit windows 8.1
Im using chord 44.1 - 382khz wasapi setting for audio device.
Problem
The dac seems to play for a bit then stop. Im also gettin some clicks and pops during playback and for some reason jriver seems to have difficulty seeing the dac is there as when you select a track or album and hit play the dac doesnt always start working.

I also have the added issue of it not recognising 192k files jriver simply stops, then a reboot is required to resolve but it still wont look at 192k files.
In the dsp output setting its shows no change on the output format. Bitsreaming is ticked.

Im assuming it may be either i have highlighted settings or higlighted stuff i shouldnt have. Can anyone suggest a simple step by step guide with reagrds settings on v23 to resolve these issues

Many thank in anticipation.
Rob

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Chord Qute EX MC 23 issues
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 07:56:54 pm »

Are you having problems with both PCM and DSD?  You need bitstreaming set to DSD if you are playing DSD.

In Output Format is the DSD conversion option set to none? If it is set to a DSD option then DSD that has a different sample rate will go through a PCM conversion and PCM will convert to DSD. Both can cause the issues you are having.

What does Audio Path report? It should report no change for PCM and DOP for DSD. Does the EX report the sample rate you expect?

I have a Hugo and the Chord driver is an ASIO driver. Does the EX have an ASIO driver to try?

EDIT: If I are remember correctly the ASIO driver was introduced with Hugo but I am not sure.

F Ribeiro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • If it isn't broken don't fix it.
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 05:39:26 am »

I had a Chord Qute EX for a year
In my Dell E5250 running Windows 10, never had a single problem (even with DXD and DSD 128).

But then, it was running in Wasapi with bitsreaming to DSD.

With the new drivers, some problems have been reported about pause and play, changing bitrates, and other situations like the one you refer.

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98316.0

I would try the older drivers, after a usb cable check.

Fernando Ribeiro
JRiver Media Center 25 PC and MAC | PC: Dell Latitude E5250 - Windows 10 Pro | MAC: Mac Mini late 2014 - Mojave | Amp: Classe CAP-2100 | CD Player: Meridian G08.2 | DAC: Naim DAC V1 | Turntable: Linn Axis, Akito tonearm, Adikt MM | Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28 | Cables: Transparent, Nordost | Server: Synology DS216 Play Raid 1 |

robfritz

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 08:53:52 am »

Hello all.  I am having troubles with my Qute EX and JRiver as well with Windows 10, and MC 21.  I am only getting playback in 44.1kHz, with HD files down-converted.  Has anyone successfully overcome issues with this DAC and MC?  I am not very savvy with PC audio in general, and any DAC change at the desk always seems to come with some challenges.  Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Thank you,

Rob 

Pages: [1]   Go Up