INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 Files No Longer Play When I Doubleclick Them (RESOLVED)  (Read 1789 times)

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
MP3 Files No Longer Play When I Doubleclick Them (RESOLVED)
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:42:09 pm »

After unsuccessfully trying to delete a user field, I quit MC. Some hours later I tried to play an MP4 file and found that while I could see the video, it had no sound. I opened MC and that had no sound either. MOF, when I doubleclick an MP3 file in MC, the progress indicator jumps forward one time very, very slightly but will not move on its own. It does move if I I drag it.

I clicked Tools>Options>Audio and tried each of the Audio Devices but had no luck there. The progress indicator does not move and the files will not play.

Why won't the MP3 file play and how can I fix this?
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MP3 Files No Longer Play When I Doubleclick Them
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 07:11:44 am »

Check the Volume controls.  Click on the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the desktop.  Or right click it.  Choose Mixer, then check to see if anything is muted.

Powering devices off and back on also might fix it.

Skeezix

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MP3 Files No Longer Play When I Doubleclick Them
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:10:01 am »

I gave up and went to bed last night. When I woke up this morning I started fresh.

The Mute function is turned off.

I went through the Windows 10 Troubleshooting procedure and found that Windows Audio Service was turned off.

As I write this, I cannot recall what I did to get that back on, but the Troubleshooting process said to restart. So I did, and now everything associated with MC appears to work normally. The MC Audio Device is set to "Default Audio Device - Direct Sound", and I can play my MP4 files with audio again.

Thank you to both of you for your help.
* HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p114
* Windows 10 Home 22H2 19045.3996
* Firefox 122; Thunderbird 115.6.1
Pages: [1]   Go Up