INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Gizmo - Two JRiver servers  (Read 1108 times)

Carcajou

• Recent member
One Gizmo - Two JRiver servers
« on: March 02, 2018, 07:13:46 am »

Bonjour

I am running MC23 on a Lenovo T530. Lately I installed MC23 on a 2nd Laptop (T470) and to build its library I have restored on the T470 a MC23 backup file from the T530 MC 23 library.

Now that I have two MC servers (T530 & T470) with identical libraries- I have not figured out how to tell Gizmo to control the Server on the T530 or on the T470. In the mean time I find a solution - I simply shut down the server on one of the two machine...and Gizmo control the one still alive.

Is there a way in Gizmo to select the MC server or the library to be controlled ?(I could change the name of the library in one server)?

Thanks in advance for your input into this.

Carcajou

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: One Gizmo - Two JRiver servers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:24:30 am »

firstly, I think it's worthing asking why you have 2 servers with identical libraries. Why do you?

If you do then it's simply a question of setting up media network on each so they have their own access key, you then add those access keys to gizmo and can switch between them at will.

Carcajou

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:45:08 am »

Bonjour Mattkhan

This is the long story - I have been running JRiver since MC17 onto one PC or Laptop (sitting on my office desk) since 2009 to serve music to various DLNA devices and tablets on my home network. The main "hifi" set up is to serve music to a Pioneer N-50 Network Audio Player who itself feeds via Coaxial SPDIF a DAC (Aqua La Voce).....I was happy with this set up until I bought an Audioquest "audiophile" USB cable (cinnamon).... when I tried the Laptop directly connected to the DAC via USB...the improvement in sound quality - compared to the Pioneer NAP is so great - I have decided to install the Lenovo T470 laptop in the "audiophile rack"...for a USB to DAC connection. The T470 will not be powered all the time....so I still want to rely on my office T530 to feed music to DLNA devices without having to boot the T470...

So I want to be able to run JRiver from both servers (T530 or T470) to any devices at any time (USB function being reserved to the T470 that now sit in the audiophile rack with the USB connection )

When I have time later today - I will work on your suggestion to create a different access key for the Second server.

Carcajou

Carcajou

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 07:05:29 pm »

Bonjour Mattkhan,

Your suggestion worked - I have reset the access key on the T470...and in Gizmo - in the "mode" menu - I can now select which server Gizmo will control.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion

Carcajou
Pages: [1]   Go Up