INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: distorsion noise + compilation problem  (Read 2354 times)

Alaindexe

distorsion noise + compilation problem
« on: March 02, 2018, 01:47:13 pm »

Hi,

I've been using JRiver 22 for Mac for about a year now... I have 2 problems and I don't know how to fix them... The 1st is that sometimes (not all the times), I hear distorsion when the music plays. It's a light cracking noise, about the same volume as the music. At first, I though it was because I use different music formats (16 and 24 bits) but it does this with BOTH formats. When it happens, I have to make JRiver quit and start over... This usually fixes the problem... But it's not very handy... I use an external sound card (Motus 828)... this problem never occurred when I was using itune...

my second issue is that a have LOTS of compilations. In order to have all the songs regrouped I leave the ARTIST field empty... it works — I can listen to these compilations — but whenever I want to know who's playing, I have to check on the web... not very handy... I also never had this problem with itune...

thx

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: distorsion noise + compilation problem
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 03:11:49 am »

/Hi,

I've been using JRiver 22 for Mac for about a year now... I have 2 problems and I don't know how to fix them... The 1st is that sometimes (not all the times), I hear distorsion when the music plays. It's a light cracking noise, about the same volume as the music. At first, I though it was because I use different music formats (16 and 24 bits) but it does this with BOTH formats. When it happens, I have to make JRiver quit and start over... This usually fixes the problem... But it's not very handy... I use an external sound card (Motus 828)... this problem never occurred when I was using itune...
Try increasing the buffer size.

my second issue is that a have LOTS of compilations. In order to have all the songs regrouped I leave the ARTIST field empty... it works — I can listen to these compilations — but whenever I want to know who's playing, I have to check on the web... not very handy... I also never had this problem with itune...

thx
Don't remove the Artist tags, fill out the Album Artist tag instead.
Pages: [1]   Go Up