INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 23 will not restore from MC22 backup - solved.  (Read 2232 times)

shimrod

• Recent member
MC 23 will not restore from MC22 backup - solved.
« on: March 03, 2018, 04:47:11 pm »

I installed MC23 (MC24 master license). The install failed to load my MC22 settings and library. I backed up my MC22 to the desktop, selected "library restore" in my MC23 and browsed to the backup location. When I push the "open" button MC23 closes; when I open it again it's back to default settings and emply library. Is this a MC23 bug or am I doing something wrong? OS is Linux Mint. And yes, my linux skills are limited to copy/paste instructions. Any assistance would be appreciated.

For the record, I succeeded in restoring the library in MC23 from previous versions on my windows 7 machines.

shimrod

• Recent member
Re: MC 23 will not restore from MC22 backup
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 09:26:02 am »

I removed and reloaded MC23 using the instructions on the linux setup page. My problem remains, when I point MC23 to the location of the MC22 backup zip MC23 shuts down. I reviewed the wiki article on library backup/restore and I don't see anything I'm missing. Any advice?

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 07:29:04 pm »

Something is not set up properly as I’ve restored from v22 into v23 with no issues whatsoever.
When running v22, did you manually backup via built in option, or just jriver do it itself which i think it does periodically. And did those backups appear in the default location (starting /home/you/.jriver etc). And have you tried restoring from any other backup files? (Like the next youngest zip file?)
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)

shimrod

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 02:37:49 pm »

I performed a MC 22 manual backup to the desktop, then browsed MC23 library restore to the saved file. As soon as I click open MC 23 closes. I can restart it.

Based on your questions I attempted to restore library in MC23 by browsing to the MC22 backup folder. That worked and I'm listening to MC23 now.

I don't understand why the manual restore didn't work but I do have MC23 up and running. Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up