INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC requires restarting whenever playback device changes  (Read 1405 times)

sjnotes

• Recent member
MC requires restarting whenever playback device changes
« on: March 04, 2018, 11:10:05 am »

I have MC 23.0.102 running on a Windows 10 laptop. Whenever I disconnect the laptop from one external playback device and connect it to another one (or even reconnect to the same one), I can't get MC to play without exiting and restarting. Is there a setting I can change to avoid having to do that? 

swiv3d

Re: MC requires restarting whenever playback device changes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:16:03 pm »

I would check that MC is playing to the correct driver for the device connected. I had this happen when switching between my pioneer and my oppo dac, you need to select the correct driver for output in Options, Audio, Audio device.

sjnotes

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:39:16 am »

Thanks, swiv3d. I did check, and MC is playing to the correct driver after I reconnect. So I guess in my case it's something else.

swiv3d

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 01:22:14 pm »

It is worth clicking on the little audio icon on the windows task bar before and after reconnecting just to see if the laptop is doing its own thing regardless of the settings in JRiver MC.

sjnotes

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 12:02:35 pm »

Thanks. I tried that, and the audio device was the same after reconnecting as it was before. I also did a reconnect test outside of MC with Spotify and SiriusXM, and they both worked fine. So it looks to me like it's quirk with MC.

sjnotes

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 09:23:21 am »

I figured out what the problem was: In Options/Audio/Device, I had unchecked "Open device for exclusive access". Once I checked that, changing the playback device no longer required restarting MC. Swiv3d, thanks again for your ideas.
Pages: [1]   Go Up