INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burn Disc not appearing in Action Window  (Read 2582 times)

owlmighty

• Recent member
Burn Disc not appearing in Action Window
« on: March 11, 2018, 11:59:01 pm »

Hello, I've just migrated my library from a Windows MC16 system onto Mint with the latest MC23 build. Everything has been easy thanks to the wiki & forum and my new MC23 is working great, but I haven't been able to determine if disc burning is supported for Linux, as nothing is listed under Drives & Devices and there is no Burn Disc option in the Action Window, and I see no options to associate my disc drive with the program. I saw a post from a few years ago indicating that the Burn Disc feature is not available for MacOS, is this also the same for Linux? If so, can anyone say if there are plans to eventually add this feature? Thanks

relyen

Re: Burn Disc not appearing in Action Window
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 10:35:47 pm »

As far as I am aware CD ripping is not available on either the Linux or Mac platforms.  I use an open source program "Asunder" to accomplish ripping on my Linux installation.  It is available via the Synaptic Package Manager.  I certainly would welcome inclusion of CD ripping into MC as the work flow is not always as smooth using an external application.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 07:08:21 am »

As far as I am aware CD ripping is not available on either the Linux or Mac platforms. 
Ripping in MC has been available on Mac for a year or so.

owlmighty

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 01:47:18 pm »

Thanks for responses all. I've also now installed MC23 on a Macbook and the Burn Disc option is present. Since the Macbook will connect to the remote Linux library, I can burn discs from there.

Still, Burn Disc for Linux would be a nice feature to have in a future build.

relyen

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 10:27:31 pm »

I stand corrected. Any plans for Linux in the near future?
Pages: [1]   Go Up