INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and Sonar  (Read 1095 times)

mhgraet

JRiver and Sonar
« on: March 10, 2018, 03:19:22 pm »

Is there any progress being made on if I can use JRiver on the same machine that I use Sonar on? JRiver seems to take over the soundcard outputs and makes Sonar unstable. I just read about unchecking ASIO under Tools>options>general>features> (untick) ASIO driver

I tried this but now there are no sound devices that can be seen in Sonar. When you go to Sonar preferences, it just shows that there are no sound choices for input or output. Very strange.

On my main recording setup, I found that JRiver made Sonar unstable so I had to uninstall it. I am now seeing if there have been any improvements from a few years ago and trying Sonar on another computer that I don't use for professional recording. Still seems like Sonar and jriver are incompatible.

I followed the threads from a few years back and would have to say it seemed like jriver was in denial that this was an issue with their product. Has there been any progress anyone can steer me towards? Thanks so much.
Michael

I am using Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 64-bit.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver and Sonar
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 04:28:19 pm »

Is there any progress being made on if I can use JRiver on the same machine that I use Sonar on? JRiver seems to take over the soundcard outputs and makes Sonar unstable. I just read about unchecking ASIO under Tools>options>general>features> (untick) ASIO driver

I tried this but now there are no sound devices that can be seen in Sonar. When you go to Sonar preferences, it just shows that there are no sound choices for input or output. Very strange.
That's a Sonar problem.  Rebooting or reinstalling Sonar might help. 
On my main recording setup, I found that JRiver made Sonar unstable so I had to uninstall it.
Did you try Sonar support?
I am now seeing if there have been any improvements from a few years ago and trying Sonar on another computer that I don't use for professional recording. Still seems like Sonar and jriver are incompatible.

I followed the threads from a few years back and would have to say it seemed like jriver was in denial that this was an issue with their product. Has there been any progress anyone can steer me towards?
Denial isn't just a ...

We believe this is purely a Sony problem.  It apparently opens every audio device whenever it starts.  It fails when it opens JRiver's ASIO.  Turning it off in JRiver should solve that.  If it didn't, please try Sonar support.  It may require an update.

ulizy

Re: JRiver and Sonar
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 01:14:35 pm »

Same Thing with me, since i have installed Media Center 23, every time i open a Sonar Project Media Center Starts and take over the Soundcard. With Media Center 22 no Problems.So perhabs it is a Media Center Problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up