INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Down

Author Topic: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support  (Read 144149 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MO 4Media - No luck with Android Auto on a 2018 Nissan Murano
« Reply #550 on: December 03, 2019, 08:36:20 am »

Any suggestions as to how to get MO 4Media to work via Android Auto on my 2018 Nissan Murano and my Pixel 3a? I get a "Please Connect to a Network" message even though I can see the phone is happily connected to my home server and running MO 4M without any problem. I have SSL enabled on my home server.

That doesn't seem to be a MO 4Media message.  Where do see this?  Are you able to use the Google Play Music app in Android Auto OK?  I would try to run MO in Android Auto over WiFi without connecting to your car to see if you can get it working in this mode first.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

rockson61

• Recent member
Re: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support
« Reply #551 on: December 03, 2019, 03:29:19 pm »

Thanks so much for getting back to me. The message I'm getting is "Not connected to a server. Check your network..." (my apologies for getting the initial error message wording wrong). I can access Google Play Music in AA with no problem. As you suggested, I launched AA on my phone (not connected to the car) while on wifi, started MO 4A and still get the message. If launch MO 4A on my phone after exiting AA, it connects to my home server without any problem. Strange.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: MO 4Media - remote control and player with Android TV & Android Auto support
« Reply #552 on: December 03, 2019, 03:55:17 pm »

Sorry for the troubles.  Do you see a "Servers" entry in the main menu for MO in AA (press back arrow at top of AA screen next to MO icon)?  If not, try running the MO main app before you start AA.  Once you see the "Servers" entry you should tap that and select your server.  Once you select the server, it should reconnect each time AA starts up.

rockson61

• Recent member
« Reply #553 on: December 03, 2019, 09:00:19 pm »

Still unable to run the app inside AA. Here's some screen shots for you in case they can be of help.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #554 on: December 04, 2019, 08:44:11 am »

Still unable to run the app inside AA. Here's some screen shots for you in case they can be of help.

I apologize, I will have a fix in the next release for the empty main menu when not connected to a server.  In the meantime, AA should automatically connect to the first server you have defined in the main MO app.  Do you happen to have multiple servers defined and the first one is not reachable?

rockson61

• Recent member
« Reply #555 on: December 04, 2019, 06:38:23 pm »

No, just one server at this time.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #556 on: December 15, 2019, 02:07:17 pm »

No, just one server at this time.

Sorry for the delay.  I hope to have the new release out soon to fix the empty AA home menu and as before allow you to manually select a server (although I am not sure why it is not connecting now since you only have one server).

rockson61

• Recent member
« Reply #557 on: December 16, 2019, 04:26:40 pm »

OK - Many thanks. Looking forward to the update!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #558 on: December 20, 2019, 04:53:47 pm »

v1.7.2 is now available which fixes the Android Auto empty menu problem and adds some requested remote control features to Android TV.

rockson61

• Recent member
« Reply #559 on: December 21, 2019, 06:51:21 pm »

Issue fixed! All working now after the latest update on my Nissan Murano. Many thanks!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #560 on: December 22, 2019, 05:57:29 am »

Issue fixed! All working now after the latest update on my Nissan Murano. Many thanks!

Glad it is finally working. Thanks for your patience.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #561 on: December 27, 2019, 04:46:37 pm »

I can no longer connect to my server using MO4 outside of my network.  I tried with both SSL and non-SSL connections, FQDN and a raw IP. 

It does work if I'm on my wifi though.  I'm not sure when this started because I've been doing a good bit of testing with JRemote2 recently.  I've tried this on two phones (Android 8 and 10).  On both of the phones I have JRemote/JR2 and those do connect.

Let me know if this isn't happening for you and I can keep trying to troubleshoot.  Thanks!

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #562 on: December 27, 2019, 05:06:24 pm »

It appears to only be a problem if I'm on a mobile network.  If I hotspot one of my phones and connect to that Wi-Fi, the phone on Wi-Fi (but not my network) can connect.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #563 on: December 27, 2019, 05:31:46 pm »

It appears to only be a problem if I'm on a mobile network.  If I hotspot one of my phones and connect to that Wi-Fi, the phone on Wi-Fi (but not my network) can connect.

In the last update I tried to speed up making a mobile connection when using access codes which seems to have broken non-access code connections.  Sorry about that, I will try to push out a fix soon.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #564 on: December 28, 2019, 08:52:38 am »

v1.7.3 is available which fixes the non-access code cellular connection issues.

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #565 on: December 28, 2019, 09:20:34 am »

v1.7.3 is available which fixes the non-access code cellular connection issues.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

daveman

• Galactic Citizen
  • I am still a baby user of JRiver :)

How do I get subtitles to work?  I do not see an option anywhere?

cncb

• MC Beta Team

How do I get subtitles to work?  I do not see an option anywhere?

If you are talking about when controlling MC, tap the 3-dots next to the playback controls in Playing Now which shows a menu with a Subtitles toggle option.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

v 1.8.0 is now available.  The big change is that it is now a one-time in-app purchase instead of a subscription. 

If you have a valid subscription you are not forced to purchase.  If you want to move to the one-time purchase, disable auto-renewal of the subscription in your Google account settings and make the purchase in the app.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team

revisiting an old topic: particles.

i noticed that Panel can now play back video from a particle on iOS.

if you look at the http request to Media Center (browser dev tools, or wireshark) take a look at the request, i believe the parameters for playback are what you need.   i am assuming you are using the getFile api for your app.

in any case, could you take a look at how Panel does it and consider adding it to your app?

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

cncb

• MC Beta Team

I seem to recall particles are working in MO when conversion is enabled.  Does Panel allow original playback with no conversion?

BradATIMA

I seem to recall particles are working in MO when conversion is enabled.  Does Panel allow original playback with no conversion?

Panel will always transcode video when playing to the browser.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team

will check it out and post back results.

thanks
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team

so i tried the conversion using a wildcard because i am not certain what filetype to use for particles.  it did work, but results in 720p video and 2 channel audio.

is the conversion performed locally or on the server?

can it retain audio channels and resolution?

cncb

• MC Beta Team

can it retain audio channels and resolution?

Sorry, no.  The server does the conversion and there currently is no "remux" option so the audio and video are transcoded.

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team

i see.  so Media Center’s transcoding settings are all we have then.   i assume at least it would be possible to do 1080p video, but the audio is not possible to retain looking at the options.

bummer - this is something other popular media servers tend to do well.

i suppose i can also try a file type of mpls and see if conversion is limited to particles.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

v1.8.1 is now available which mainly adds the capability for multiple 'This Device' zones with renaming.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #577 on: February 10, 2020, 06:48:45 pm »

I really like this app..... and have a couple of questions:

When playing Radio Paradise from either a Windows 10 or RPi server (as a remote control), I don't get artist cover art but using JRemote2 I do. Is this a setting I am missing?

Glad to get all of Radio JRiver, and RP's main channel, are we able to get the other RP channels and Cloudplay, or is this an MC issue?

Thanks...
Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #578 on: February 12, 2020, 08:26:05 am »

When playing Radio Paradise from either a Windows 10 or RPi server (as a remote control), I don't get artist cover art but using JRemote2 I do. Is this a setting I am missing?

Glad to get all of Radio JRiver, and RP's main channel, are we able to get the other RP channels and Cloudplay, or is this an MC issue?

I will look into the cover art issue.

It depends on what JRiver exposes via the web service, so if you see other RP channels and Cloudplay in other remotes, I should be able to add it to MO.  Thanks.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

v1.8.2 is now available which is a minor update that displays cover art for the current Radio Paradise track.

icanrule

• World Citizen

Feature request:. I don't know if this is the best way to do this.  Let me know if there is a better way. Can you add ffwd and rwd to videos. Everytime I start a video it starts at the beginning. It's not the worst thing to start there not since I can't fast forward or rewind I'm stuck watching the video from the start.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Feature request:. I don't know if this is the best way to do this.  Let me know if there is a better way. Can you add ffwd and rwd to videos. Everytime I start a video it starts at the beginning. It's not the worst thing to start there not since I can't fast forward or rewind I'm stuck watching the video from the start.

Sorry, that is just the way the player behaves when playing converted video.  You should be able to seek if you disable video conversion in the Settings, but you might not get audio or video during playback depending on the codecs used.  You could try using an external player which might give you seeking in converted video.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen

v1.8.2 is now available which is a minor update that displays cover art for the current Radio Paradise track.

Works great, thank you.

For me this app only lacks 2 features to use it exclusively, and I apologize if these have been already discussed or are a setting I missed:

1. When browsing tracks to add to playing now, have a way to pre-select desired action rather than asking for every track.

2. Fast scroll browsing (this may be screen or device dependent?) with alphabetic first letter popup.

Thanks for this app!

Ryzen 5 W11 x64 MC 29 HTPC/Server and HP G2 Mini Elitedesk W11 MC 29 (music only zone), various Android Phones and Tablets for control of both, powering two lanai surround systems, 5.1 and 4.1 respectively.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

For me this app only lacks 2 features to use it exclusively, and I apologize if these have been already discussed or are a setting I missed:

1) Are you referring to when tapping an individual file, you want a default action to be performed instead of seeing the menu?  I will consider adding something like this.

2) Sorry, scrolling in this way probably won't be implemented, but the "Jump To" feature might be useful.  When browsing the library, tap the Search icon at the top right.  Then type a letter and tap search in the keyboard and the list will scroll to the first item that starts with that letter.

ludvick

• Recent member

I have such a question:

I start MO and it connects to my server (Intel NUC connected with ONKYO TX-2870) - application starts and works as it should.
When I don't use MO for some minutes my phone screen dimmes - that's normal behavior...
After re-opening MO it tries to connect to the server and often it can't - the window with reconnect to [servername]/go offline appears.
Trying again to connect to the server works only sometimes (mostly I cannot connect over and over)...

Looking for a soultion I found that reconnection works without a problem when I start Andrtoid application Onkyo Controller
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.onkyo.jp.onkyocontroller

MO is set not to be removed from memory of the phone and stays ON even if I clear memory.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen

1) Are you referring to when tapping an individual file, you want a default action to be performed instead of seeing the menu?  I will consider adding something like this.

2) Sorry, scrolling in this way probably won't be implemented, but the "Jump To" feature might be useful.  When browsing the library, tap the Search icon at the top right.  Then type a letter and tap search in the keyboard and the list will scroll to the first item that starts with that letter.

1. Thank you!
2. The search routine is definitely usable, a little more so in the "early evening".... thanks.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

After re-opening MO it tries to connect to the server and often it can't - the window with reconnect to [servername]/go offline appears.
Trying again to connect to the server works only sometimes (mostly I cannot connect over and over)...

In that window, tap Servers and try to Connect on the Servers screen.  What error message does it show there when it fails to connect?  You could try to disable Battery Optimization for MO to see if that helps (it will prompt you to do this when you select the This Device zone if you have not already).

ludvick

• Recent member

In that window, tap Servers and try to Connect on the Servers screen.  What error message does it show there when it fails to connect?  You could try to disable Battery Optimization for MO to see if that helps (it will prompt you to do this when you select the This Device zone if you have not already).

Thanks a lot for your reply.

When I tried to connect through the Servers window I got:

Code: [Select]
Connection failure
Could not reach the server. Please check the network conection and make sure MC server is running. Tap the help icon (?) for assistance.

Network connection works - I can connect with the audio computer e.g. with TeamViewer; also network in the mobile works.
And - of course - server is also run (sending files using TeamViewer works).

It seems like something "went sleep" and Onkyo Controller "wakes this up" - what could have this application to make MO be able to re-connect?

cncb

• MC Beta Team

It seems like something "went sleep" and Onkyo Controller "wakes this up" - what could have this application to make MO be able to re-connect?

Sorry, I'm not sure what would cause this re-connection problem.  Have you tried to disable Battery Optimization for MO to see if it makes any difference? Does MO re-connect after you use TeamViewer or just after you use the Onkyo app?

cncb

• MC Beta Team

v1.8.3 is available which now automatically performs the last action selected from the file menu when you double-tap a file in the list.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen

v1.8.3 is available which now automatically performs the last action selected from the file menu when you double-tap a file in the list.
This didn't work for me on my 2015 Lenovo tablet or new LG phone. The menu pops up with single-tap, nothing for double-tap.

Thanks.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

This didn't work for me on my 2015 Lenovo tablet or new LG phone. The menu pops up with single-tap, nothing for double-tap.

Double-tap should show you the menu until you make an initial selection.  Then, it should show you a short message to indicate what is happening on a double-tap.

Zhillsguy

• Galactic Citizen

Double-tap should show you the menu until you make an initial selection.  Then, it should show you a short message to indicate what is happening on a double-tap.

Thank you. After more experimentation this morning, my 10" Lenovo tablet (Android 5.0.1) it is working correctly, although it crashed several times (unable to replicate crashing).

My LG LM-X420MM (Android 9) is also working, although no confirmation message appears (maybe screen real estate issue?)

Thanks for implementing these much needed features.

Edit: I have updated status on all other of my control devices:

Samsung Grand Prime SM-G530T1 (Android 5.1.1): All works including confirmation
LGK20 Plus (Android 7.0): All works including confirmation
Asus P00A 7" tablet (Android 7.0): All works including confirmation

So, only my newest LG phone has no confirmation. THANK YOU

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck

Using the app on a 10" android pad.  Very nice functionality and best of all, pretty quick response.  Only issue I cannot solve is how to make the cover art larger in the 'artists' display.  My old tired eyes would prefer slightly larger art and fonts.  Any way to set this up?

cncb

• MC Beta Team

Only issue I cannot solve is how to make the cover art larger in the 'artists' display.  My old tired eyes would prefer slightly larger art and fonts.

Tap the Settings icon (top left), tap Interface, and change the "Content size" to Large.  Hopefully this will be better for you.

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck

Tap the Settings icon (top left), tap Interface, and change the "Content size" to Large.  Hopefully this will be better for you.

Thank you for the prompt response.  I tried that, and it made the app controls and such content larger.  However, the album cover art remained the same size.  I will keep playing with it. Thank you.

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck

I was able to get it to work by setting the interface to 'Large" as you suggested. But, I had to close the app and then re-start it for the settings to work properly.  Much better!  Thank you for your help.

deone

• Recent member

I am unable to change/set ratings from MO4Media: I get the error: "Failed to set ratings.  Check that you have write access to library".
In Media Center 25, in the "Media Network" options, I have the authentication with "read only authentication logic" checked with a password.  But there is no option for read-write authentication so I can update ratings.  How do I go about doing this?
Thanks!

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Turn on Authentication with a Username and Password (tick box). You will have to set those values yourself, and then enter them when you connect from your phone to MC.
Set "Read-only Authentication" to "Disabled" (drop-down list). That will force the connection to use Read-Write Authentication, and request the Username and Password for connection, the first time.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

deone

• Recent member

TY @RoderickGI!  That worked.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Up