INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library view Album by Artist, new line for each Artist  (Read 3557 times)

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
Library view Album by Artist, new line for each Artist
« on: March 23, 2018, 05:04:58 am »

I'm not sure if this is possible. But I thought I'd ask the experts. I am trying to move away from WMP and make more use of the cleverness of JRiver. My main use is for audio albums. WMP has a view which I am used to and that is Album, Artist with each artist getting a new line of their own. In other words:
AA
BBB
C
DDDDD
EE
FFF
G

etc. The closest I have been able to find in JRiver is Artist - Album but it does not give a new line for each artist so it looks like:

AABBBC
DDDDD
EEFFFG

etc. Is new line for each Artist possible and if so, how?
Thanks

RD James

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Library view Album by Artist, new line for each Artist
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 10:05:22 am »

I haven't used Windows Media Player in a very long time so it would be useful if you could post a screenshot, but I'm guessing that you're wanting a view which groups album thumbnails together.
This was the closest thing I could find on Google Images, but it's grouping A-Z rather than grouping albums by artist:

I thought that this should be an easy thing to do, as Media Center is generally very customizable, but to my surprise there doesn't actually seem to be a way to group views like this.
Perhaps someone on the JRiver team can comment. Hopefully this is something they can add.

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 03:22:32 am »

Yes, that sort of thing. Apologies for the delay. Here's a screenshot showing Album by Artist on WMP with a fresh line for each artist. It's about the only thng which WMP does better than MC for me so if MC can do this, it would finalise my conversion from the dark side.
Thanks in advance.

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 07:41:17 am »

I'm resuscitating this because I've now setup JRiver MC26 on a PC to act as Media Server for the rest of the network and moved all my audio files to a shiny new 2TB SSD on that PC. Now I'm trying to polish off one or two small things. A View of the Albums like this is one thing I'd really like. It's like a <cr><lf> at the end of each artist. I've looked at the customisation section for Views but couldn't see an obvious (to me) way to do it.

Is there a way of doing this or do I need to throw myself on the tender mercies of the developers :) to see if it can go on a wish list? Thanks and Happy New Year!

mattlovell

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 11:51:30 am »

Might be useful to post (well, re-post) this in the Media Center 26 group.

I'd be interested in the described layout as well.

Gio300ZX

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 12:12:57 pm »

Good point, mattlovell, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up