INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfering Playlists  (Read 1185 times)

stevem87

• Junior Woodchuck
Transfering Playlists
« on: March 24, 2018, 10:57:12 am »

Not sure why this is such a problem. .pla playlists have lots of compatibility issues with phones. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I currently have a LG V30 and as with previous phones I have had, JRiver doesn't allow me to change to playlist format to the handheld. The only way I have found to get the playlist on my phone in an M3U format is to set up a folder on the computer as a handheld and make it sync with the M3U format. Then copy the files on to the phone.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Transfering Playlists
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 05:43:50 pm »

You are quite right. The option to select Playlist format doesn't even appear for an Android device.

I've just started looking at syncing to my newish Android phone, and this may become an issue. But I haven't tried using the default .pla playlist files yet. Maybe they won't be an issue on my Sony Android.

I was thinking you could just export the playlist from MC in the format you wanted ad copy it across, but that would only work if the file path was identical on the PC and the phone. Unless you edited the playlist of course.

At this time it looks like your solution is the best. Unless you can address any compatibility issue on your LG. The default playlist file type does seem to be .pla for Android, based on a quick Google. But there was a lot of discussion around the use of them. Some good, some bad.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up